Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=3697]sten_super[/MENTION] I'm pretty jealous of you as I can't ride to work (too far and no quiet roads) but flat roads would do my head in. When I started, I aimed for the steepest hill and kept going back. Eventually my old mtb became uneconomic to keep repairing, so I was 'helped' on here with a replacement decision. It was all about health and fitness but I moved on from that. I ride early Saturday mornings and love being out in the countryside. If you want to get faster, maybe review your diet and mix up your ride to vary the work out. You will get very trim with this regime if you just carry on as you are. When (not if) you decide to get a new bike, you'll be inundated with advice.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
EiselBongo.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=3697]sten_super[/MENTION] I can't believe we forgot sound advise 1.01.

Keep your tyres fully inflated and check often.
If you don't have one already your next purchase should be a track pump with gauge.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
[MENTION=3697]sten_super[/MENTION] I can't believe we forgot sound advise 1.01.

Keep your tyres fully inflated and check often.
If you don't have one already your next purchase should be a track pump with gauge.

And get a chain cleaner, and chain link gauge (which tells you when you need a new chain). Look after your chain at least once a week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And get a chain cleaner, and chain link gauge (which tells you when you need a new chain). Look after your chain at least once a week.
Easy, judging by his first post here, I think we are going to need to groom this one slowly, just don't tell [MENTION=3697]sten_super[/MENTION].

The track pump will last for ever and will always be useful, in the meantime SS can toothbrush and white spirit his chain.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All over it! Was chatting about this with Ewen at work today, we'll book up tmoz.

You game?

Yes! I assume you want to do the Epic (74miles - 3805ft of climbing!)?

Would be good to meet up with you, Ewen and [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and maybe [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] at registration so that we can start off together. Me and Ewen can then be domestiques for you, leading you into the big climbs so that you can leave us in your wake again! :lolol:

Mar 12, 2008
Yes! I assume you want to do the Epic (74miles - 3805ft of climbing!)?

Would be good to meet up with you, Ewen and [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and maybe [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] at registration so that we can start off together. Me and Ewen can then be domestiques for you, leading you into the big climbs so that you can leave us in your wake again! :lolol:

Of course! We are now signed up, would be great to have a gang of us.

Ha ha. I'll do my bit on the front, but my <10 stone frame is pretty useless in a headwind! :)

I haven't touched my bike for 2 weeks now, struggling with motivation in this weather (awaits telling off from SB). This sportive should get us all in the mood. Ewen flew to Australia last night for a few weeks, he's been banging on about 'warm weather' training all week. Lucky git.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Ha ha. I'll do my bit on the front, but my <10 stone frame is pretty useless in a headwind! :)

I haven't touched my bike for 2 weeks now, struggling with motivation in this weather (awaits telling off from SB). This sportive should get us all in the mood. Ewen flew to Australia last night for a few weeks, he's been banging on about 'warm weather' training all week. Lucky git.

Harumph. Guess I'll be the windbreak when it's flat, as usual. Then off you'll all go when we start going uphill...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Harumph. Guess I'll be the windbreak when it's flat, as usual. Then off you'll all go when we start going uphill...

I'm paid up now for the Epic for this one on 18 May at Plumpton. Should be a lot of fun. Do we need to get some NSC Cycling Geeks caps made up or something? ???

PM, if you're offering this service, then I'd be happy to sit on the back of your wheel! :lolol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm paid up now for the Epic for this one on 18 May at Plumpton. Should be a lot of fun. Do we need to get some NSC Cycling Geeks caps made up or something? ???

PM, if you're offering this service, then I'd be happy to sit on the back of your wheel! :lolol:

:annoyed:

Caps sounds like a great idea. [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Follow Barcelona's lead:-

Attachments

• 1655_1.jpg
    1655_1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 44

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]322752919097192448[/tweet]
[tweet]322762379798663169[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope you cycling geeks are all observing the new 20mph limits in town ? We are all in this together you know.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Because I alternate the direction on my weekend ride and because I had a puncture 2 weeks ago, I had to look bike quite a way to check how I compared with my last one. Another 7 mins or so off the time which I'm pleased with given the change in riding style (drop it down a cog or 2 and go for a more cardio ride).

Oh, I'm nearly fully compliant with rule 33 now.:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here