Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
And they've just made it unlimited transfers for the final stage so you don't even get the benefit of carrying them over!

Really? That is madness if true.

Just checked, this is the case, looks like it is some sort of mistake. For £10 a year you would not expect this sort of error. :eek:

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
Result
1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Omega Pharma-Quick-Step Cycling Team 3:11:11
2 Yauheni Hutarovich (Blr) Ag2R La Mondiale
3 Aidis Kruopis (Ltu) Orica-GreenEdge
4 Adam Blythe (GBr) BMC Racing Team
5 Luke Rowe (GBr) Sky Procycling
6 John Degenkolb (Ger) Team Argos-Shimano
7 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Katusha
8 Nacer Bouhanni (Fra) FDJ
9 Heinrich Haussler (Aus) IAM Cycling
10 Roger Kluge (Ger) Team NetApp-Endura

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Result
1Mark Cavendish (GBr) Omega Pharma-Quick-Step Cycling Team3:11:11
2Yauheni Hutarovich (Blr) Ag2R La Mondiale
3Aidis Kruopis (Ltu) Orica-GreenEdge
4Adam Blythe (GBr) BMC Racing Team
5Luke Rowe (GBr) Sky Procycling
6John Degenkolb (Ger) Team Argos-Shimano
7Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Katusha
8Nacer Bouhanni (Fra) FDJ
9Heinrich Haussler (Aus) IAM Cycling
10Roger Kluge (Ger) Team NetApp-Endura

1, 4, 6 only. Bugger.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1, 4, 6 & 7 from that top 10.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
133 points and drop down a place, that's just not fair.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Unlimited transfers just when no one really needs them. Suppose that's why they're not bothering to correct the mistake even if they could (which they can't apparently).

Think I've got to get over my Sky fantasy pick frustrations in these no mark races and realise they probably just aren't riding for anyone most of the time anyway, just leaving it to whoever feels strongest on the day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Too much choice, every move I made I was always .2 short of someone I 'must' have.
All done now.

Unlimited transfers just when no one really needs them. Suppose that's why they're not bothering to correct the mistake even if they could (which they can't apparently).

Think I've got to get over my Sky fantasy pick frustrations in these no mark races and realise they probably just aren't riding for anyone most of the time anyway, just leaving it to whoever feels strongest on the day.

I've just read an interview with Bernie E.
As I said a couple of days ago, this current Sky team is all about the Classics.
They are making a huge push, a la last years Tour, too win at least one.

He said they have been training hard and riding courses since Dec, (G has backed that up, now I know what he was referring too).
The 10 man team have been and will be a unit right through the spring.

But crucially Fantasy Fans, they'll not be riding behind a leader, as the racing and terrain is too unpredictable.
So Bernie (the reason why he didn't follow Cav (and they've not spoken since)) G, & Eddie B, will be letting the course decide.

I still say it'll be the bloke on Stannards wheel that'll be in pole position.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've just read an interview with Bernie E.
As I said a couple of days ago, this current Sky team is all about the Classics.
They are making a huge push, a la last years Tour, too win at least one.

He said they have been training hard and riding courses since Dec, (G has backed that up, now I know what he was referring too).
The 10 man team have been and will be a unit right through the spring.

But crucially Fantasy Fans, they'll not be riding behind a leader, as the racing and terrain is too unpredictable.
So Bernie (the reason why he didn't follow Cav (and they've not spoken since)) G, & Eddie B, will be letting the course decide.

I still say it'll be the bloke on Stannards wheel that'll be in pole position.

I know it's a classics team they have out, but my point is they don't seem to target anyone for GC in these minor races, and what you report there just confirms that and what I said about seeing who's feeling best on the day. All fair enough seeing as that's exactly how it is with one day Classics.

I'd be a bit concerned about some of their tactics still though - like lead out men blocking their own team mate ( yes, I know that goes back to what we was saying and there not actually being a 'proper' Sky lead out train as such). Also, EBH, when they did appear to actually be working, of a fashion, for a GC rider, set a tempo way too fast for G on Old Walunga Hill and consequently blew his chances of taking GC. Maybe I've been reading that other forum too much and the Sky haters over there are influencing me, but as many times as Sky get their tactics spot on (not panicking when GT mountain stage attacks go for example) I sometimes get a feeling they often ride like they haven't got a clue too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It made for interesting reading, which should translate to good tactics this spring, and very different to OPQ, Sax et al.

They referenced thingy from Garmin winning wotsit, (the article is all the way upstairs).
When the team ganged up on Cancellara allowing thingy to slip away uncontested.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Right - pretty much wholesale changes for me, other than the obvious!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Thought you were going to go purist all season.

I thought about it, then realised I hadn't been able to check my team before the start of the race due to moving house. After stage 2 I found I had 3 riders out, so needed to tinker. I think I'll be purist when I pick a winning team first time!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He is just too good. Cav again. At the flamme rouge he was about 30th having just been slightly blocked off, yet he still won easily enough, even if it was just a wheel ahead. Again, you have to look at the tactics of the other teams. Cannondale absolutely smashed it at 3km to go, along with NetApp, yet ended up nowhere at the pointy end. Same goes for Argos, why do they not just follow the OPQ train, save their legs. Then, final km smash it to launch their man, I know this is easier said than done but this other way has not worked for anyone in this tour.

1. Cav
2. Hutarovich
3. Markus
4. Blyth
5. Phinney
6. van Hummel
7. Kristoff
8. Eisel
9. Bouhanni
10. Some guy?!? Boivin apparently, I still do not who that actually is :lolol:

1, 3, 4 and 7 for me. Impressive again from Phinney and Eisel, they will be a force in the spring classics I think.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
1,2,3,4,5 for me! I had Eisel in too for a bit, but bumped him for a OPQS rider for some reason.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1,2,3,4,5 for me! I had Eisel in too for a bit, but bumped him for a OPQS rider for some reason.

Well done, I've never managed that. Should bump you up a few places in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

This could be real tight at the top of our league. It may come down to a point for Kristoff in the points jersey for me, there are three riders on 16 points so it may be a count back for that.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
He is just too good. Cav again. At the flamme rouge he was about 30th having just been slightly blocked off, yet he still won easily enough, even if it was just a wheel ahead. Again, you have to look at the tactics of the other teams. Cannondale absolutely smashed it at 3km to go, along with NetApp, yet ended up nowhere at the pointy end. Same goes for Argos, why do they not just follow the OPQ train, save their legs. Then, final km smash it to launch their man, I know this is easier said than done but this other way has not worked for anyone in this tour.

1. Cav
2. Hutarovich
3. Markus
4. Blyth
5. Phinney
6. van Hummel
7. Kristoff
8. Eisel
9. Bouhanni
10. Some guy?!? Boivin apparently, I still do not who that actually is :lolol:

1, 3, 4 and 7 for me. Impressive again from Phinney and Eisel, they will be a force in the spring classics I think.

Just 1,3 and 4 for me. Another disappointing day!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Good job. 14th overall for the stage.

I think I need to have a serious strategy meeting for the Tour of Oman! I bet motogull wishes someone else had PM'd him with tips!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here