Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
To try and make some ground I've gone a little bit southpaw. It will either work in my favour massively or I'll be going down like the Titanic.

EDIT: That Southpaw I've brought in two Movistar guys. punk::guitar:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Get in there ! :clap: About time we nicked something from a game in added on time rather than throwing points away.

Cycling wise - well that was a predictable stage 1 result. Threw up some interesting little cameos though to give food for thought in terms of fantasy transfers. These next two stages promise to be very interesting.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Me!! The random(ish) way is the way forward.

Now...should I change anyone...

Nice work!

12th for the stage :clap2: Just one stage in and already one of our own is just outside the GC Top Ten. NSC Cycling Geeks are on for one helluva season I reckon :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, each day I realise there are more scoring opportunities than I first realised. Various points to be scored at intermediate sprints, climbs etc. that I hadn't understood.

Anyway, great performance from Sky, nailed that stage to perfection. Seems quite a few of us are sprinter heavy in our teams perhaps!?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well, each day I realise there are more scoring opportunities than I first realised. Various points to be scored at intermediate sprints, climbs etc. that I hadn't understood.

Anyway, great performance from Sky, nailed that stage to perfection. Seems quite a few of us are sprinter heavy in our teams perhaps!?

Problem is it is really hard to get a gauge on what the stages are like for these smaller tours. It looked flat enough, but it all depended on how hard they hit that climb. These are the toughest stages to predict as it really can be anyone who gets in the break.

I've shifted my sprinters out in the main, having saved some transfers for this point. Two lumpy stages now so I'm expecting some different riders to feature. I just wish I had stuck with the pick an Izagirre tactic that served me so well last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here