Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Curry's 'Gen Z speak' advert

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm half of a mind to cut them some slack, remembering some of the dumb words and phrases I used when I was a teenager. But also...skibidi?

That's just stupid.
little big dance GIF by Warner Music Sweden

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Liked the serving c.... cut off. (My kids are fans of the drag scene and use that one often, much to their mum's annoyance).

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

The Gen Z slang apparently has a rather convuluted derivation, but ultimately from this FABULOUS 6(SIX) year old song.

(N.B. they're Russian, but the OK kind of Russian, anti-war and pro-Ukraine)

Hate to be that person but Skibidi (Toilet) is actually referencing a really weird and popular YouTube series, rather than the great song that I remember going slight viral six years ago (when I was still somewhat young). Apologies for the below everyone - truly weird (though I guess my generation's parents probably felt similar about Weebl and Bob amongst other things).

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Hate to be that person but Skibidi (Toilet) is actually referencing a really weird and popular YouTube series, rather than the great song that I remember going slight viral six years ago (when I was still somewhat young). Apologies for the below everyone - truly weird (though I guess my generation's parents probably felt similar about Weebl and Bob amongst other things).

Yes, but the skibidi toilet song...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here