Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curry!

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
i came to curry eating later in life care of 'ward is god' ....and would happily devour a chicken dupiaza anyday....although a garlic chicken bhuna is also rather lush... aloo gobi mmmmmmmmm
still havent managed to avoid the glow in the dark fingertips the next morning...i am sure its due to naan dunking and not some weird alien love making session in my sleep!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Whilst I am a massive fan of spicy food, I have never tried a Vindaloo. I think I might pluck up the courage soon.

Whilst I am a reasonably accomplished curry cook myself, you must try a [decent] curry house Vindaloo, somehow I find if very difficult to replicate, despite having many indain food cookery books (both authentic and restaurant recipes).

Once you have had the Vindaloo, you'll never look back. :eek:

Oct 25, 2003
Spot on about the north south divide on dhansaks. Up north they always bung a tinned pineapple ring in yer dhansak. Why ffs???

yeah i know! i was perplexed when i first moved up there, thought they'd got my order wrong or something

not sure which side of the divide is 'right' in terms of authenticity but in my view it tastes far better down here

Snoop Dogg

Jun 19, 2009
Best curry I've EVER had was in a place called The Banana Leaf in Singapore. f***ing Unbelievable. In fact I'd say its worth flying to Singapore just to go there :drool:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many years ago I worked for a man who was married to a lady from Singapore who when she made a curry on say Monday she left it simmering for 12 hours on that day then left it to get cold over night and during the day on Tuesday and then reheated it, in a saucepan as it was before microwave ovens, for dinner later in the day. She maintained it was the best way for the flavour to get into the curry and I must say her curries were fabulous.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Butter chicken
Lamb or chicken Malayan )medium sauce with pineapple)

Poppadoms
Mint Sauce

YUM!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My favourite curry:

logo(2).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here