Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
Oh, and Joe Cole is not a left winger, he is played there out of position [/B]

jesus!!

theres someone out there who agrees with me...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:bowdown:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd say Joe Cole can play multiple positions, he's comfortable at left wing, so not out of position. I wish he'd go outside and use his left foot more, as he is capable of doing so yet almost always comes inside.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Currie is the one player I have missed in the last two seasons. For me he was worth the season ticket alone.

One of the most gifted players I have seen wear the stripes. Good luck to the man.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Currie was great. As for perseus, doesn't your saying nobody at the WC could take a decent corner kind of show how special Currie was then?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Currie free kick against QPR a few seasons back was brilliant. But we got overrun in midfield and lost 2-3.

The Beckham free kick goal was brilliant, but what else did he f***ing well do? WE played better when he got injured.

I don't think it is a creative midfielder we need, but a bundle of energy type, that can run and tackle and cause mischief.

e.g a faster version of Oatway with a bit more guile.

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry perseus, the Darren Currie I remember seeing could run the line, get a good tackle in, and make an opposing defender foten look silly, giving us a free man. Let alone his ability to take a dead ball.

He cost us nothing and we gave him away for £250,000. Our loss was Ipswich's gain.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fantastic bit of business there all the same.

People have short memories. I saw him play pre season and was then amazed me had offered him a contract at all.

He was overweight and unfit. There was a glimpse of his brilliance when he played a remarkable ball into Knight, but he looked like a waster.

Mcghee and Booker turned him round and he has a lot to thank them for.

From what I heard he had never been taught the basics by any manager, and didn't know how to defend for instance.

He rightly thanked Mcghee for that.

In retrospect a longer contract would have down us nicely whether we had sold him or not. But that would have a huge gamble.

You wonder what a player he could have been if a higher club had taken a punt on him earlier.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Championship player - Yes

Premiership player - No

BUT due to his lack of pace and nothing else....... fantastic passer and exceptional from dead ball situations

Sadly missed

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Anyone Leeds are interested in, you can guarantee Sheff Utd will also be. I've read about 10 players now that we appear to be competing for.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Currie is worth a place in any team for his corners alone! You used to feel we could score nearly every time he delivered a ball.

Personally I think he can do a job in the Premiership where you get more time on the ball than in the Championship which will suit his game.

His range of passing and his crossing means his lack of pace doesn't really matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here