Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
Anyone see the bit in the News of The World today about him heading to Sheff Utd?!?!

Heard that last week somewhere like the BBC. Wish we had a sell on !

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Sheffield United are going to end up with less points than Sunderland last year targetting players like Currie and Rohan Ricketts. No-one of the sufficient standard is going to want to play for Warnock.

1066gull

El Turi said:
Sheffield United are going to end up with less points than Sunderland last year targetting players like Currie and Rohan Ricketts. No-one of the sufficient standard is going to want to play for Warnock.
I think Warnock will be the first to get sacked around December time, where we also see McGhee leave too.

Than he comes down to the beloved south he always wanted to manage and add fuel to my Palace mate agaisnt us because he thinks Warnock is the biggest wanker he is ever seen.:clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Currie's speed is very deceptive. You just don't believe anyone can be that slow.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Adriodinho said:
Do you think Frutos is btetter than Currie?

different players

personally, i prefer currie as he was FLAIR

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
However much i like Currie, i can't see him being able to cut it in the Premiership with the likes of Gallas, Terry, Gerrard. There is no way Unt are going to stay up if they buy players like Currie. Also isn't he a bit too old?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Adriodinho said:
Do you think Frutos is btetter than Currie?

Currie = linked with move to Premier League.

Frutos = signs a two year contract with a League 1 club, with no-one else coming in for him.

Currie is far superior in every department except for pace.:down:

1066gull

Withdean Wanderer said:
Currie = linked with move to Premier League.

Frutos = signs a two year contract with a League 1 club, with no-one else coming in for him.

Currie is far superior in every department except for pace.:down:
I wouldn't know as I haven't seen Currie play properly, but I hasve noticed Frutos is very direct in his play compared to other left midfielders. Even Joe Cole is not very direct in his play for both England and Chelsea.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Then again, Darren Currie isnt a left winger either

That's true, although I was referring to Frutos. However, now you come to mention it, just what position does Currie play? He's both footed and a superb crosser of the ball, and played all across the midfield for us.??? He certainly isn't a 'direct' winger, because like Cole, he's right footed and fancies his tricks.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Joe Role and Warnock ? were wrong. You can learn to take corners properly. What you can't learn is to run faster!

Currie was only good because the rest were naff !!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
perseus said:

Currie was only good because the rest were naff !!!

Same applies for McShane and Virgo then does it?
Currie takes a mean dead bal, has more skill than most Championship players, and can cross a ball as well as anyone!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Withdean Wanderer said:
Same applies for McShane and Virgo then does it?
Currie takes a mean dead bal, has more skill than most Championship players, and can cross a ball as well as anyone!

Virgo and Zamora are both high powered athletes with something to learn on technique. Currie was a plodding carthorse with technique and no speed and not much stamina.

As Liam Brady said, it is not so much a creative midfielder we need, but the current players have got to learn the basics, like crossing the ball.

What do f*** are they being paid for?

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
perseus said:
Virgo and Zamora are both high powered atheletes with somthing to learn on technique. Currie was a plodding carthouse with technique and not speed and not much stamina.

sheringham_shaunbotterill_1.jpg

He couldn't run, didn't make him a 'plodding carthouse'.

Currie did enough to impress Joe Royle, and he's been a regular in their side ever since, and has been linked with Leeds and Sheffield United already this summer.

If he's THAT bad, then no-one would touch him with a ten foot bargepole, or even take a look at him would they? Let alone a club newly promoted to the Premiership! Incidently, i recall Currie completely shredding Sheffield to pieces in the 'Palookaville' game. Not bad for a "plodding carthouse"

:rolleyes:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It should not be too hard to cross the ball from a stationary corner flag bit. But most of the World Cup prima donnas weren't that good. Argentina did one good cross that got them a goal in an important match though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here