Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie getting slaughtered

Tooting Gull said:
An Ipswich mate was telling me the other day that Darren Currie, after his initial great start, is single-handedly taking the blame on all the message boards for their dismal recent form.

You could have set your watch by that happening - when he was transferred many on here suggested he'd make an ideal Ipswich scapegoat.

It's the same deal with McCammon - neither fit people's stereotypical preconceptions of a professional athlete/sportsman. So he's always going to attract unfair criticism when things in the team go wrong and the search for easy answers is on. Ipswich's winning run protected Currie from much of that this season, but not any more.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Currie was quite superb last night. One of our message board regulars has just described his performance as the best he's seen by any midfielder at NP this season, and I wouldn't argue with that. Ipswich's midfielders ripped us apart at times, and Currie looked the best of them.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The Times has echoed your sentiments TLB and used a witty Curry(ie) related title to the report

which I have forgotten as I didn't actually buy the paper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here