Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-3

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Netherlands won as they pleased - good goals but we were tactically niaive, poor in midfield and defensively and not exactly incisive up front. Other than that okay I guess. Probably enough for the FA to give Pearce the job? They are stupid enough right?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just seen the goals. Didn't Pearce, or any of the coaching team, mention that Robben always uses his left foot? If I know this why didn't they?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The goals conceded tonight reminded me how easily the Germans cut through our defence at the last World Cup. Scary. At least our heads didn't drop last 10 mins otherwise could have been worse.

Caretaker Pearce will help to show Harry just what a difficult job he will have when he gets it - I hope they give the younger guys a go and clear out Lampard, Terry etc.

Sadly I don't find Baines, Downing and co exactly get the juices flowing. I don't suppose they put fear into opposition either.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Netherlands won as they pleased - good goals but we were tactically niaive, poor in midfield and defensively and not exactly incisive up front. Other than that okay I guess. Probably enough for the FA to give Pearce the job? They are stupid enough right?

To be fair an experimental England side played the World Cup finalists off the park first 50 minutes - its England though so everyone ignores any positives.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To be fair an experimental England side played the World Cup finalists off the park first 50 minutes - its England though so everyone ignores any positives.

there were positives - Sturridge for example - but at no stage did we look like we were playing them off the park let alone do it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And what was it you said after the last game? That we gave Spain a lesson in how to play football without a football or something? I liked that one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Do you remember when Mark McGhee said we'd won the first half, just after a defeat?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Only saw the second half but I quite enjoyed that. Seen a lot worse from England. However I'm sure some will feel that Pearce has failed his audition; did anyone see him when we scored? He just sat there, no emotion, no passion no fervour, no anything. Sven and Capello were more passionate than Pearce is.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ah, an England game. Do I care? No. Not any more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw it was on and chose to do something else, how bad is that? Surprised myself how little I now care :down:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah, an England game. Do I care? No. Not any more.

Come on, England games are highly enjoyable if only for Mellotron's unwavering belief. In the past few months we have taught one World Cup finalist how to play football and played the other off the park, apparently. Earth calling Mellotron :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here