Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Current NSC problems and what I'm going to do about it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There have already been several threads on this subject, so to stop any more, and to slow down the number of PMs I'm getting, here's what's going on.

Our hosts, Rackspace, upgraded our hosting cluster (PHP from 5.2 to 5.3 for those of a technical persuasion) which has caused some functions on our version of vBulletin to break, including...

- Search
- Tapatalk 'Latest'
- Tapatalk 'Participated'

The only remedial action available is a full upgrade of vBulletin. Due to the size of NSC, having to do this without some proper planning can be difficult, but what the hell. What's the worst that can happen, right?

I will look to do the upgrade later this week - probably Wednesday evening. Even if the upgrade goes smoothly, NSC will likely be somewhat different when I bring it back. This will be due to the number of modifications I've applied to the site that will either get dropped as part of the update or may be incompatible with a newer version of vBulletin. I shall look to reinstate features as quickly as possible - things like vBookie, for our betting game, and Tapatalk will be at the top of the list.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This sort of thing would NEVER happen at seagullschat.com :nono:

"Seagulls Chat is owned and operated by someone with a great deal of knowledge in forums and how they work. Having pioneered several incredibly large forums in the past (over 500,000 members, 10m+ posts and 10-15,000 members online average) we know exactly what hardware and software to use to keep everything flowing just great. "

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
sounds good my end bozza......

over my head.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think you should apply the power of this to the problem immediately, as I find it solves absolutely everything

GLENFIDDICH%20WEB.jpg

I'm thinking of washing my hair on Wednesday anyway.

PS apparently this is post number 5232665

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've noticed an increase in double posts today. Probably every other attempt to post today has taken me to a "you must wait 20 seconds between posts" notice (which I have worked out means what I just attempted to post has been posted so I don't post it again), but in a lot of threads today other people have double posted at what seems a much higher rate than usual.

Is this another problem with the upgrade, or something else?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This sort of thing would NEVER happen at seagullschat.com :nono:

"Seagulls Chat is owned and operated by someone with a great deal of knowledge in forums and how they work. Having pioneered several incredibly large forums in the past (over 500,000 members, 10m+ posts and 10-15,000 members online average) we know exactly what hardware and software to use to keep everything flowing just great. "

I've noticed a few comments from you about that forum, I don't really understand the chip on your shoulder about it.

Keep up the good work, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
as long as our palace gamesmakers keep their avatars :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here