Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Lee_Clark.jpg
Overrated

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Virtually all those mentioned above are journeyman managers, who jump on and get pushed off the merry-go-round of football management (there are obvious long-serving exceptions of course).

Tony Bloom's stroke of genius was to appoint a non-journeyman as a manager. When Gus goes (either by being poached or by retirement), I'd like another similar appointment. I don't want a manager who has a wardrobe full of different coloured ties, and who trots out the same rhetoric at club after club.
We are Brighton. We deserve better.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Oh, no! Not Mad-Dog! His match summaries are the only reason I stay up to watch the League Two highlights! He wasn't on yesterday. Waste of twenty minutes decent sleeping time.

:mad::mad:

Haha! In his ten years of management he has NEVER won a promotion!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Di Canio - racist twunt
Steve Evans - just a twunt
Mark Hughes
Paul Jewell
Paul Ince
Colin
Alan Curbishley - constantly touted for jobs but been away too long
Gareth Southgate - I dunno what incriminating pictures he's got of the FA's board, but he seems to do very well with very little talent.
I would also hope that Steve Claridge never goes back into management

As for Gus's successor - I don't think RDM would be too wide of the mark. Despite winning the CL, a lot of "big" clubs would probably think that he hasn't got the experience, but for a club like us it would be a very bold statement of intent. I'd like him, or maybe Charlie, he's got passion for the club, and you know he would have been the one in the dressing room kicking and screaming after yesterday. Maybe we could attract someone like Gary Neville - has his badges and would do a good job, despite being a wanker, he knows the game inside out.

Ratboy Neville......... no thanks

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I agree with all those stated. I think the manager that replaces (hopefully not, i hope he stays) Gus, would have to be someone like Martinez.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
If your avatar is to be believed (?) one thing was ALWAYS RESPECTED ABOUT WHU they gave it a go playing Pass N Move football. That is worth keeping hold off and if you are a East End boy,you would know all about that. Its called tradition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here