Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Current Form Projection after 5th March Games

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Peterborough strike me as THE form team at the moment. Worryingly (for some, hopefully not us) they seem to have learned how to defend now which, when paired with their attacking prowess, makes them quite formidable.

Bournemouth just keep on keeping on. Wherever they end up, and I do hope they share the automatic promotion joys with us, they've had an amazing season given their scant resources and the turmoil of losing Howe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All of what Bozza says.

I think Posh will go up. They look a decent bet for 2nd, and if not, will be the team no-one wants to get in the play-offs.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have a feeling that Posh are the team to watch. I hope Bournemouth stay the pace though. I do like the sight of 'mighty' Sheffield Wednesday in the relegation zone.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still fancy Bournemouth to go up with us. More so, with every passing week. Their home form is superb (nearly as good as ours). That said, I was wondering whether Southampton might fall away because for a while it seemed their games in hand were all away from home, yet they've won most of these away games as time has gone on, and a lot of them were quite tricky fixtures. The next two games for these two clubs could define their seasons. Southampton at home to Yeovil on Tuesday while Bournemouth are at Exeter before they meet next Saturday at Dean Court.

Peterborough do indeed seem to be shipping fewer goals in their last 5 games but before that it was 3 at Charlton and 4 at home to Southampton. Have they finally found the required consistency? I need another couple of games to be convinced of their promotion credentials.

Huddersfield have not been anything like consistent enough for an automatic promotion spot. Play offs for them, without a doubt.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
After the Peterborough game down here there was no way I could see them getting Automatic but they have put a hell of a run together still scoring goals but not letting them in anywhere near as consistently and have to be a good bet to go up if they carry on like that. If they are in the play offs no team would want to face them

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Good work Gom, starting to look forward to these updates as much as Jack Straw's Friday photos!

Keep up the good work.

Sheff Wed's slide is becoming biblical. Huddersfield need to start winning a few more or they could miss out. I wouldn't want to be playing Orient at the moment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Despite Gom's work, I still can't see...

- Orient making the playoffs
- Wednesday going down.
- Huddersfield missing out on a top 6 spot.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Despite Gom's work, I still can't see...

- Orient making the playoffs
- Wednesday going down.
- Huddersfield missing out on a top 6 spot.

I agree does seem improbable doesn't it, although it is currently forecasting Hudd as a fifth placed finish.

The forecast is just for fun and will change every matchday, we all know nothing in football is staightforward.
At least it provokes a bit of banter and we can see the forecast as well as the real table change as we go along.

:amex::ascarf:

PS thanks for unlocking the thread.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Peterborough strike me as THE form team at the moment.

Brighton are the form side W5 D0 L1
Peterborough are third W4 D1 L1
Orient are second W4 D2 L0

I see the top five being as they are now - sixth place could be one of many really. Second is up for grabs despite Bmuff's decent form (4th)

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
One of the most striking things from this is the poor form of most of the teams we're playing in March. If we're ruthless enough we could have this as good as won by the month end.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Is their any chance of merging this thread with the other form projection threads, it would be interesting to see how that table changes game by game.
Thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here