Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Current Form Prediction as of 23/3/11

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Following the games at the weekend and Monday and Tuesday nights, the current form still takes Bournemouth out of the play offs.
Still 10 games to go for us, and mathematically we need 92 points to guarantee an auto spot, (just another 15 points) and 95/96 to take the title, although this will no doubt change.

If we are confident we can get another 15 points, then it looks like 1 from 4 or more for the other auto spot.

Oldham drop into the projected relegation spots and Walsall look as if they could make their way to safety.

View attachment Points110323.bmp

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
What he said /\ . No-one actually thinks they will catch us now, they may say so in the media but they all realise that we would have to mess up BIG style to be caught now

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Didn't realise Oldhams form was so bad.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Following the games at the weekend and Monday and Tuesday nights, the current form still takes Bournemouth out of the play offs.
Still 10 games to go for us, and mathematically we need 92 points to guarantee an auto spot, (just another 15 points) and 95/96 to take the title, although this will no doubt change.

If we are confident we can get another 15 points, then it looks like 1 from 4 or more for the other auto spot.

Oldham drop into the projected relegation spots and Walsall look as if they could make their way to safety.

View attachment 22336

Pop a bet on those teams to get relegated and Peterborough to go up.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007

View attachment 22336

Splitting hairs, I know, but as I've finally got the hang of these things, you've put H' field 4th for some reason ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Splitting hairs, I know, but as I've finally got the hang of these things, you've put H' field 4th for some reason ?

Well, you've nearly got the hang of it.

The table is ordered in projected points total at the end of the season based on current form. That suggests that Hudd will finish the season in 4th place.

The points as of now are there for reference only

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Assume the projected points is just looking at recent form and working on a trend???? So, it isn't actually looking at what games remain just that if they've lost 3 on the bounce they are going to continue to run bad. I reckon Saints will edge Posh out for 2nd and defo see B'Muff in play offs at expense of O's.

90 points good enough for Champions and think we'll be unassailable by Walsall, maybe even D&R

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Assume the projected points is just looking at recent form and working on a trend???? So, it isn't actually looking at what games remain just that if they've lost 3 on the bounce they are going to continue to run bad. I reckon Saints will edge Posh out for 2nd and defo see B'Muff in play offs at expense of O's.

90 points good enough for Champions and think we'll be unassailable by Walsall, maybe even D&R

Yes you are right to a certain extent. It is a fairly simple extrapolation of the form based on the last 8 rolling games, and consequently changes week by week.
So if a team loses 3 in a row, e.g. B'Mouth then the expectation for the rest of the season will be less than if they hadn't. It reflects good and bad current runs but ultimately it's only a forecast.
It's for fun and speculation. Look at the form on the right hand side and it shows how Oldham have been plummeting, and how Dag & Red are actually doing quite well, so might not be such a walkover.

:amex::albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here