Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Current Decent British Sportspeople

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
cooper.jpg

Ahem.

I think you will find Bob Cooper (above), 28, of London, won the world Scissors, Paper, Stone title in Toronto in November last year.

He beat 500 competitors and ended four years of Canadian dominance to take the CAD$7000 prize.

:bowdown: :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chris Jones of London is currently the World Conker Champion.

A team from Milton Keynes are proud holders of the World Pooh-Sticks title, having narrowly held off their Japanese opponents.
_39976789_poohsticks203.jpg

How can you say we have nothing to be proud of?:p

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
Re: Re: Current Decent British Sportspeople

¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
I don't really rate him, I think he'll get found out pretty soon much like Audrey and Hamed.

Don't think he will and everybody loses a fight!

Please don't wait for our stars to fall...Get behind them

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
What the SMEG is pooh-sticks!?

Pooh-Sticks is a proper, traditional, East Sussex sport, I'll have you know

:lolol:

From Wikipedia:

Poohsticks is a game first mentioned as being played by Winnie the Pooh and friends in the book The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne, as well as in the animated featurette Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore. It is an extremely simple game, played on a bridge over a river. Each participant drops a stick on the upstream side of the bridge; the player whose stick first appears on the other side is the winner.

The Poohsticks Bridge is a bridge located in Ashdown Forest, close to the village of Hartfield, East Sussex, England. This is considered to be the bridge on which A. A. Milne and his son Christopher Robin first played the game.

The World Poohsticks Championships take place annually at Day's Lock on the River Thames near Dorchester-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England. The event was started in 1983 as a fund-raising event for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. The lockkeeper put out a box of sticks and a collection box and it soon became an annual event. It originally took place in January but in the icy weather of 1997 it was moved to March. It is now organised by the Rotary Club of Sinodun, based in nearby Wallingford. The championships feature individual and team events.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
DSC01472.JPG

Haydn Pitchforth (Leeds)
World Bog Snorkelling Champion

aaron-sequence3.jpg

Aaron Hadlow (Cornwall)
World Kitesurfing Champion

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't forget Andy Purvis (England)- World Tiddlywinks Champion.

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here