Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curbishley IS the best man for the job.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Curbishley is still locked in a constructive dismissal case with west ham and will not be joining anyone until it is sorted.....hence the reason he's not taken any "high profile" jobs in the past year.

US is right - this club and all of us can 'dare to dream' and actually get somewhere with it. The Prem within 5 years - or less - is possible.

Question; Do any of you recall a little club going under? Does a tennis-playing ground owner ring any bells? How long between us having a whip-round or supporting their existance, and them playing in the Premier League and (just) staying up?

(Answer; Hull City)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Curbishley is still locked in a constructive dismissal case with west ham and will not be joining anyone until it is sorted.....hence the reason he's not taken any "high profile" jobs in the past year.

not really sure why his issues with previous employer would have anything to do with taking on a new job.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
If it involved compensation for loss of earnings, I'd imagine very much so.

i'm fairly certain tribunals dont work like that, otherwise an employer could just drag out a case untill you are force to go back to work. and what position would you be in if you turned down work offered etc?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i'm fairly certain tribunals dont work like that, otherwise an employer could just drag out a case untill you are force to go back to work. and what position would you be in if you turned down work offered etc?
a lot of managers contracts specify that they have to keep paying you until you take new employment, or a settlement is reached, im quite sure brighton wont be paying as much as west ham, so if he is still fighting a legal battle with west ham, it wouldnt be in his interests to take the brighton job,i know claudio ranieri's was like that.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

although he did apply for the M'boro job so maybe this has been sorted

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
a lot of managers contracts specify that they have to keep paying you until you take new employment, or a settlement is reached, im quite sure brighton wont be paying as much as west ham, so if he is still fighting a legal battle with west ham, it wouldnt be in his interests to take the brighton job,i know claudio ranieri's was like that.

now that makes more sence, suggesting he is on long term gardening leave. but that would mean he has not in fact been dismissed so there would be no constructive dismisal case - is there an actual case going on or is it assumption/rumours?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Would absolutely love it to be Curbishley. Coppell seems more likely but dare to dream boys and girls Curbs is the man.

I think Coppell's had his day. I am a huge admirer of what he has done in football but I think he's lost his hunger for the game.

Also having been at the top with Palace and now Reading, does he really want to go back to Div. 1 level?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Fuckin ell I agree with you Bushy.
first time for everything frank:thumbsup: seriously though, until US brought up the point about cloughie then i thought that hoping for curbishley was a touch ambitious, but if you do think about falmer and the clubs POTENTIAL , then its a possible,brighton were getting 20,00 and the odd 30,000 crowds back when football was deeply unfashionable, fair enough you might have to put up with a lot of johnny come latelies , but imagine the crowds that brighton would get even doing well in the championship now that being a die hard "footy" fan is de rigeur amongst the chattering classes.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Curbishley is third favourite to be the next Hull manager so maybe the West Ham situation isn't an issue? Paul Jewell is as short as 6/4 in places.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'd like to think we could get him but I still don't think we're an attractive enough proposition. This will be the third manager we've had since February and that can't go down well. Don't forget that the "best" we could get last time we sacked a manager (only 9 months ago) was Russell Slade.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He should be getting a decision soon on his constructive dismissal claim.

25.10.09 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: West Ham

Alan Curbishley will discover this week if he has won his £3m compensation claim against West Ham.

Curbishley took the Hammers to an arbitration hearing and is confident the judgment will be in his favour, says the News of the World.

The former Hammers chief has also asked for his legal costs to be paid by the club as part of the settlement.

A source close to Curbishley said: "He's missed the game, but he was prevented from doing his job in accordance with the terms of his contract.

"He's confident of success."

By Joe Bernstein Last updated at 9:25 PM on 17th October 2009

West Ham United are bracing themselves for more financial bad news when former manager Alan Curbishley's case of constructive dismissal is finally heard before an independent Premier League tribunal next month.

Curbishley is confident of matching the £2million recently won by Kevin Keegan against Newcastle United, with strong similarities between the two cases.

The ex-West Ham boss is claiming the club broke a promise not to sell George McCartney to Sunderland on transfer deadline day in 2008, giving him no choice but to resign.

So it should not be a problem.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Can't see it, would be like Colchester appointing him.
We forget our place sometimes
colchester have never enjoyed the success brighton have in the old div1 , albeit twenty years ago, things change in football, brighton while not being the proverbial sleeping giant, have a hell of a lot of potential, you have to dream in football or its just a week in week out slog, it wasnt that long ago that norwich ere beating inter milan in the uefa cup, whiose to say it cant work the other way ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'd like to think we could get him but I still don't think we're an attractive enough proposition. This will be the third manager we've had since February and that can't go down well. Don't forget that the "best" we could get last time we sacked a manager (only 9 months ago) was Russell Slade.
but the situation has changed a lot , what with the new chairman etc

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I would be amazed if Coppell or Curbs became manager and would prefer to follow the Huddersfield, MK Dons or Peterborough model and find a young but hugely ambitious manager. I keep coming back to Gary Speed and Dean Saunders assistd by an experienced asst manager such as Peter Taylor, Stan Ternant or Ronnie Moore and someone like Richie Barker who has been preparing for management for 10 yrs back it up with Steve Brown and a character like Oatway and I would be quite excited. If Cops or Curbs came on board I would be happy but maybe the gambler in Tony Bloom will take a risk with a potentially higher return

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here