Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know there has been threads about it previously, and there are many fans on here, but I STILL don't think it receives the recognition it deserves.

Watched the last 4 episodes of series 6 last night, just superbly written comedy.

larry-david.jpg

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Couldn't agree more. Much better than Seinfeld IMO.

The Doll episode and the show with the Red Indian gardener (Wandering Bear, is it?) are two of the funniest things I have ever seen on the box.

Was the last series any good? I only caught one episode on More 4 before Christmas, so unless it's repeated, I'll have to wait until June for the DVD to come out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i have watched from series 1-6, missing only a couple on the way, and the last 4 on series 6 - starting with The TiVo Guy - are probably the best set of episodes ever for me.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New series starts here on HBO on July 10th so should be on in the UK shortly afterwards. Looks good from the trailers. Larry David has moved to New York and it doesn't seem to have lost any of its edge with David taking the piss out of Michael J Fox with his Parkinson’s. Only one question –why does a proper comic like David feel the need to include that tosser Ricky Gervais in a cameo role.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
im sorry , what is this ... ? :lolol: no abuse please

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I am a huge fan. Best comedy show ever in my view. If you've never seen an episode before, start with 'Beloved aunt' or the Incest Group.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
It is brilliant television. They had it on sky atlantic a few weeks back every monday evening at 11ish and it reignited my interest in it again. It is brilliantly written

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Can't wait for the new season - seems like we've been waiting ages for it in terms of when it was announced.

Would be less excited,as I thought Curb was going slightly off the rails for a while, but the end of series 7 was just some of the most brilliant TV you will ever see. Does anyone know if there's going to be a 'plot arc' this season or not? (eg. Series 7 - Seinfeld reunion, Series 6 - The Blacks, Series 4 - The Producers, Series 3 - the restaurant)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never watched Curb Your E, but I'd say the same about Seinfeld - absolute genius of a series that never had the recognition it deserved over here. Admittedly it might look a bit 1990s by now, but it was absolutely untouchable in its day. Just a shame the boxed sets are so expensive to buy.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Can't wait for the new season - seems like we've been waiting ages for it in terms of when it was announced.

Would be less excited,as I thought Curb was going slightly off the rails for a while, but the end of series 7 was just some of the most brilliant TV you will ever see. Does anyone know if there's going to be a 'plot arc' this season or not? (eg. Series 7 - Seinfeld reunion, Series 6 - The Blacks, Series 4 - The Producers, Series 3 - the restaurant)

Apparently the new series is going to be based entirely in New York. That's all I've heard.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Series six is the one that I started watching first. Got completely hooked and seen most episodes.
I would recommend The Ida Funkhouser Roadside Memorial and The Doll. Classic Larry in that he ends up in a complete mess without it really being his fault.
Bit like John Stapes on Corrie
Pretty pretty pretty pretty good.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
They've just shown the series about the restaurant (series 3 I think) on Sky Atlantic, does anyone know when they're gonna show the 4th series because it wasn't on, last saturday?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
8th season now well into its stride. The episode called “Palestinian Chicken” is the best one yet with a Palestinian restaurant opening up next to a Jewish delicatessen. No spoilers – it manages to really push the limits of taste to the extreme (as usual) but also makes some good points and stays extremely funny. Some of the characters who play Larry’s friends almost steal the show.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's pretty, pretty, pretty good.

:thumbsup:

I must admit when I first started watching the show I wasn't sure, but once I got into it I couldn't stop watching. I churned through all seven seasons pretty quickly after that.

I must start downloading the latest season as I didn't realise it was already showing stateside.

Loved the episodes last season with Steve Coogan as the therapist, and the ordeal he ends up going through for Larry was comedy gold.

We don't seem to have anything so sharply observed in this country at the moment, aside from perhaps the excellent Twenty Twelve, but it isn't the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here