Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cup match travel vouchers

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
For the Sunderland game, will we have to use the 'Cup match 2' vouchers? I still have the 'Cup Match 1' vouchers as they weren't collected for the Gillingham game when I got on the coach.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
For the Sunderland game, will we have to use the 'Cup match 2' vouchers? I still have the 'Cup Match 1' vouchers as they weren't collected for the Gillingham game when I got on the coach.

Take along a 35 year old David Essex stub from the Dome, that'll work.

Tbh, I'm really pissed off that I paid for two books, for my son and myself, when it's quite obvious that they're not being adhered to.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011

Tbh, I'm really pissed off that I paid for two books, for my son and myself, when it's quite obvious that they're not being adhered to.
They're being collected on the park and ride. Bit I was just wondering if you didn't go to the first 4 home cup matches, would you then have to use 'Cup match 5 voucher for the 5th?

D

Deleted member 18477

Why would you use cup match 2 if you havnt been to a cup match yet? You'd use 1 surely. Surely the vouchers are for fans to use for 5 cup matches of their choice. There's the fa cup still to come don't forget! Im not going to Sunderland and didn't go to gills. So your saying I'd use cup match 3 if we beat Sunderland and were drawn at home again? F-ing ridiculous if that's the case! And it would put me off going to cup match 6 for sure!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

There's bound to be a crack down once they sort out the more important things.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Why would you use cup match 2 if you havnt been to a cup match yet? You'd use 1 surely. Surely the vouchers are for fans to use for 5 cup matches of their choice. There's the fa cup still to come don't forget! Im not going to Sunderland and didn't go to gills. So your saying I'd use cup match 3 if we beat Sunderland and were drawn at home again? F-ing ridiculous if that's the case! And it would put me off going to cup match 6 for sure!!

No you can't do that! The Sunderland game is definately Cup Match 2. If you think about it if you used the cup match 1 ticket you could give cup match 2 to your mate therefore diddling the club. I wouldn't have thought you would try and use the Doncaster voucher for the Blackpool game would you, so whats the difference.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
No you can't do that! The Sunderland game is definately Cup Match 2. If you think about it if you used the cup match 1 ticket you could give cup match 2 to your mate therefore diddling the club. I wouldn't have thought you would try and use the Doncaster voucher for the Blackpool game would you, so whats the difference.

no you wouldnt use the doncaster one for blackpool as it states the opposing club on there, they were asking people for cup match 1 on tuesday presumably as it was the first cup match. but if you didnt go, I wouldn't NOT take cup match 1 as they are not defined, i reckon the only one they could define slightly is the 1st cup match for the 1st cup match as you wouldnt use cup match 2 for the first cup game of the season, completely different scenario using a donny one for blackpool as they are named!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

if i hadnt been to the gills game and still had cup match 1 in my booklet, i would use for sunderland, personal choice but they are defined as per my other post. might be worth checking with club and letting us know though

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
no you wouldnt use the doncaster one for blackpool as it states the opposing club on there, they were asking people for cup match 1 on tuesday presumably as it was the first cup match. but if you didnt go, I wouldn't NOT take cup match 1 as they are not defined, i reckon the only one they could define slightly is the 1st cup match for the 1st cup match as you wouldnt use cup match 2 for the first cup game of the season, completely different scenario using a donny one for blackpool as they are named!

Well we might have to agree to differ here. Surely Gillingham was cup match 1 therefore Sunderland will be Cup match 2. If you didn't use the Cup match 1 voucher its not now valid as the match has been and gone. Again, if you were correct, I would say that you could pass one of these vouchers onto your mate while using the other one for Sunderland which can't be right surely?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
if i hadnt been to the gills game and still had cup match 1 in my booklet, i would use for sunderland, personal choice but they are defined as per my other post. might be worth checking with club and letting us know though

Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Coming Up | Coming Up | Albion v Sunderland (Carling Cup)
Just found this on the Coming Up section. Scroll down to 'Travel'. Looks like Cup match 2 voucher.

EDIT: Great, and someones given me bad rep in this post.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Edit: just read the above

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Read my above post.

Which is why I edited my post before you posted that, still think its a wrong that you might not have gone to the Gillingham game but the club are telling you to use the next voucher leaving one unused

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Which is why I edited my post before you posted that, still think its a wrong that you might not have gone to the Gillingham game but the club are telling you to use the next voucher leaving one unused

Sorry, didn't realise you'd edited it. Yeh it is pretty stupid.

D

Deleted member 18477

So Brighton have technically given a voucher for the FIRST FIVE cup games and not just 5 cup games of your choice! Clears that up nicely! Although the ticket people at Brighton station would have let you through with a piece of paper saying 'my ticket' on it for the donny game lol so be interesting to see what happens this Saturday!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Well we might have to agree to differ here. Surely Gillingham was cup match 1 therefore Sunderland will be Cup match 2. If you didn't use the Cup match 1 voucher its not now valid as the match has been and gone. Again, if you were correct, I would say that you could pass one of these vouchers onto your mate while using the other one for Sunderland which can't be right surely?

looks like your spot on mate, sorry for the disagreement bud. its well weird though, if not been to gills game that you still have to use voucher 2, what happens if was saving for fa cup or a mixture of both cups. your bang on though mate, cheers rep added

Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Coming Up | Coming Up | Albion v Sunderland (Carling Cup)
Just found this on the Coming Up section. Scroll down to 'Travel'. Looks like Cup match 2 voucher.

EDIT: Great, and someones given me bad rep in this post.

As above it dont make sense, but fair do's, rep added (i didnt negative rep)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here