Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cup game next week.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
I'm watching the Watford v Pompey game, and cant see us having any problem progressing against this lot. Any thoughts?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, here's a thought: did you see our performances v woking and fc united?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah, here's a thought: did you see our performances v woking and fc united?

Unless we go full strength we will get knocked out.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
You need to remeber they are playing Watford who are a damn sight better than Orient and in all honestly us ( i hate to stress this reality) As above if we don't play a full strenght side and perform like we can we will get knocked out.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
I think Gus'll in full strength for this one with the prospect of a big name draw in the next round and a few more quid in the transfer pot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's clear we don't take the cup that seriously. Don't mind if we lose - nothing to lose - a win would just be a bonus

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm divided would like us to win & put one over those bastards but at the same time don't want the inconvenience of another cup game.
Feel divided about team selection too, A full strength team would be an indicator of how we shape up to an average championship team. But if we lost a key player in an unimportant game it'd be devastating.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's the FA Cup, FFS! I want us to WIN it - OK, I know we won't (this year, anyway) but a good run would be brilliant! Winning is a habit - and taking our foot off the gas is not to be contemplated. Look how our league form went down when we were fannying around not trying hard enough against Woking and FCUM.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Micheal Brown will not play, he has a contract clause whereas Pompey will have to play a shit load of money if he has a certain amount of appearences. He is at that limit now which is why he wasnt playing today, they cannot afford to let him play.
There is also I believe another player in the same position, cant remember his name.
They also had a player sent off today, so hecant play.
Just wonder if Stoke, who have let Lawrence, Kitson and another go on loan will stop Pompey allowing them to play and be cup tied.
As it is Cotterill is only naming 5 subs,.............inmo this is a great time to play them.

Does anybody else know if Stoke have stopped them playing?

mickywilkins

Oct 8, 2008
Lawrence loan turned into a permanent deal today - but paperwork provented him playing in time this evening. Michael Brown and Richard Hughes are close to waivering clauses for new deals if they make another appearance. Dave Kitson is a permanent signing for Portsmouth but they do have Dickinson and Sonko on loans from Stoke.....

Micheal Brown will not play, he has a contract clause whereas Pompey will have to play a shit load of money if he has a certain amount of appearences. He is at that limit now which is why he wasnt playing today, they cannot afford to let him play.
There is also I believe another player in the same position, cant remember his name.
They also had a player sent off today, so hecant play.
Just wonder if Stoke, who have let Lawrence, Kitson and another go on loan will stop Pompey allowing them to play and be cup tied.
As it is Cotterill is only naming 5 subs,.............inmo this is a great time to play them.

Does anybody else know if Stoke have stopped them playing?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for that...........still feel its a good time to play them

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think playing a weakened side in the first couple of rounds led to a drop in momentum, so I want us to put out a strong team, and keep that going. Though, on the other hand, I would prefer league success to a run in the cup.

mickywilkins

Oct 8, 2008
Perfect time to play them...depends what side Gus puts out. So many games this month, seven - Gus won't be seeing the cup as priority. And it's not as if Pompey have the players to make changes - so they will field a strong side.
Good be a good game

Thanks for that...........still feel its a good time to play them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here