Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cup Final Ref Rob Styles in the middle ............

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol:

remember when we had paul durkin a few years ago at withdean, just a year after he had done the world cup

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
A month ago, he refereed Juve at the Belle Alpi. Now off to withdean. It is a funny old game!

at least he will be used to the running track then

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
BarrelofFun said:
A month ago, he refereed Juve at the Belle Alpi. Now off to withdean. It is a funny old game!

Belle Alpi and Withdean. no comparison really.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is a crap ref.

Sent Mido off in chelsea match somehow and i believe he was in charge of the newcastle arsenal match the other week, enjoy

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ah yes. Not a great deal of contact. I remember that now.

midochelseaoff.jpg

Sucking up didn't help :lolol:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What has Styles done to earn this punishment then ? Seems rather harsh.

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
KinkyGoehring said:
He is a crap ref.

Sent Mido off in chelsea match somehow and i believe he was in charge of the newcastle arsenal match the other week, enjoy

I know nobody likes a smart arse, but Newcastle v Arsenal was reffed by on Dermot Gallagher ;)

Not the best record :-

1998-10-17 Sat. FL D3 (h) L 1-3 1-1 J.Moralee 2808 Mansfield Town R.Styles R.Thomas
1999-02-27 Sat. FL D3 (h) L 1-2 0-0 K.Nicholls 4825 Leyton Orient R.Styles A.Arnott
1999-08-31 Tue. FL D3 (h) W 3-0 1-0 P.Watson, D.Freeman
(pen), A.Crosby 5856 Hull City R.Styles
2000-01-11 Tue. AMC R2 (a) L 0-1 0-0 4325 AFC Bournemouth R.Styles
2003-12-12 Fri. FL D2 (h) D 1-1 1-0 L.Knight (pen) 5811 Port Vale R.Styles

Two players sent off in 5 games. Although I remember both and both were correct. Rod Thomas was sent off for a blinding tip round the post and Andy Arnott was sent off for punching the ball in the net. His old man was sat near me and there was a fracas when he was abused for his stupidity. His old man did apologies after half time though.

On the plus side - 2 pens in 5 games!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Oh joy. Appalling referee. No jumping for the ball on Sunday then, or contact in general for that matter ... unless you're Michael Essien, in which case you can do as you like.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The Great Cornholio said:
Not the best record :-

1998-10-17 Sat. FL D3 (h) L 1-3 1-1 J.Moralee 2808 Mansfield Town R.Styles R.Thomas

Two players sent off in 5 games. Although I remember both and both were correct. Rod Thomas was sent off for a blinding tip round the post and Andy Arnott was sent off for punching the ball in the net.

Rod Thomas was sent off for handball against Plymouth on a weekday night...not sure what he was sent off for that day...maybe a headbutt?

Andy Arnott formed a quality partnership with Minton and then minton got injured and he was just NOTHING

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here