Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip signs!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Uncle Buck said:
Especially as we would have to have 7000 tickets, as the FA has already sold and sent out our allocation.

The Welsh allocation has also already been sold and sent out. But those naughty boys at the FAW haven't paid the WRU £250,000 they owe for previous international matches, so the WRU have written to the FAW telling them to cough up the dosh by the end of the week or they can forget the England game.

This is something of a problem as the FAW are, as usual, skint!

No doubt it's only a bluff, but it's all over the TV news here. And the FAW have called their members to an emergency meeting.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
The Welsh allocation has also already been sold and sent out. But those naughty boys at the FAW haven't paid the WRU £250,000 they owe for previous international matches, so the WRU have written to the FAW telling them to cough up the dosh by the end of the week or they can forget the England game.

This is something of a problem as the FAW are, as usual, skint!

No doubt it's only a bluff, but it's all over the TV news here. And the FAW have called their members to an emergency meeting.

I am glad to see their is a Football Association out there as clueless as the FA.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Uncle Buck said:
I am glad to see their is a Football Association out there as clueless as the FA.

Your talking about an association who once left a substitute at the airport because the plane they had booked for an away trip didn't have enough seats for the whole party. So, rather than leave one of their committee men behind, they left the sub at the airport instead.

Strange, but true.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
LB, it must be a bit galling these days, now Ninian Park is not only the worst ground in Cardiff, but in light of Swansea's new effort, the worst in South Wales?

And yes, I do see the irony of us, of all clubs, commenting on stadia!

Have you seen Swansea's new place? Envy aside, how does it measure up to other grounds?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Your talking about an association who once left a substitute at the airport because the plane they had booked for an away trip didn't have enough seats for the whole party. So, rather than leave one of their committee men behind, they left the sub at the airport instead.

Strange, but true.

That is superb, especially bearing in mind we had Ellis and Bates on the International Committee at the FA and they never managed that.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
edna krabappel said:
LB, it must be a bit galling these days, now Ninian Park is not only the worst ground in Cardiff, but in light of Swansea's new effort, the worst in South Wales? Have you seen Swansea's new place? Envy aside, how does it measure up to other grounds?

I haven't seen much of it to be honest, but a couple of mates of mine who have are quite impressed. The problem is that it's council owned and they are sharing it with the eggchasers, so it'll never be much of a money-spinner and the pitch will probably be shite during the winter months.

I'm glad they've finally managed to get out of the Vetch though. That place really is a dump.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm glad they've finally managed to get out of the Vetch though. That place really is a dump.

Agreed, never been there but it always looked like an absolute hovel on TV.

As a fan of one of the few clubs left with genuinely crappy stadiums, including us, don't you find it frustrating when you try to build something decent and everything gets in the way?

It's hideous knowing that clubs like Darlington, Yeovil, Hartlepool and even Mansfield Town have better grounds than us.

Thank God for Chesterfield, still proudly staking its claim to be the worst place in the Football League.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Uncle Buck said:
That is superb, especially bearing in mind we had Ellis and Bates on the International Committee at the FA and they never managed that.

Here's the story from the late Gil Reece's obituary in the South Wales Echo:

"Reece was memorably forced to stay at the airport for a World Cup qualifier against East Germany in Dresden in 1969 because the Welsh FA had not booked enough plane seats.

He had actually taken his seat on the plane when the FAW discovered they were a seat short. It was decided the player last named alphabetically should get off and board a later flight - and that was Reece."

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Brentford is rubbish too and luton. Brentford does have the Fullers pubs though.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
edna krabappel said:
As a fan of one of the few clubs left with genuinely crappy stadiums, including us, don't you find it frustrating when you try to build something decent and everything gets in the way?

It is frustrating, but the council are giving our new stadium scheme 100% backing, so I'm hopeful it will all come together soon. And Ninian Park's not that bad anyway - for home fans!

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
IS there officially a 'worst' ground in the league? The only ground I rate worse than withdean is Kenilworth Road...

Could be worth a poll if anyone can be arsed (I can't)....

E

enigma

Brisbane Road is a dive

Underhill is shit but has charisma

Aggborough (Kidderminsters ground) was fairly shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here