Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cuffs (new crime drama set in Brighton)

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
, many years ago ITV made a Royal Navy drama called 'Making Waves', after 3 episodes they stopped showing it, i doubt the Beeb have got the bollox to do the same!

I remember it well. It started with six million viewers and lost one million every episode. As it was due to run for a total of six I suppose ITV couldn't risk ending up with no one watching.

I know this because ironically ' Making Waves' has made its way onto the GCSE Media Studies syllabus, as an example of the power of commercial TV channels and their power to axe a show with spiraling ratings. As you say I doubt the BBC will take such action. Why should they? they are funded by you know who.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I remember it well. It started with six million viewers and lost one million every episode. As it was due to run for a total of six I suppose ITV couldn't risk ending up with no one watching.

I know this because ironically ' Making Waves' has made its way onto the GCSE Media Studies syllabus, as an example of the power of commercial TV channels and their power to axe a show with spiraling ratings. As you say I doubt the BBC will take such action. Why should they? they are funded by you know who.

Not a patch on BBC's Warship then?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just watched the second episode and I think it's OK.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I just watched the second episode and I think it's OK.

I think its ok as well. My kids love it as they are spotting all the places they know. I just think people are disliking it as it has gays in it and they think it stereotypes the town?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Add in another person who has watched both episodes and liked it.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I'm glad I'm not alone. I enjoyed it.

And me:blush:

Having worked in the Civic Centre for many, many years I also find it quite odd seeing the offices, corridors and even furniture on the TV! There will be an episode at some stage where the Town Hall in Worthing was used for filming too. I know some of the ladies were very happy having their photos taken with a couple of the actors. So much excitement in the office!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The longest car chase up mill road ever?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I could only stand it for about 10 minutes, then The Beatles programme drew my away from that shite.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This is all getting rather kinky. Two male cops snogging like mad,two female cops snogging,a detective at a brothel tied up in handcuffs, is that what our police are like. In Brighton?

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
This is all getting rather kinky. Two male cops snogging like mad,two female cops snogging,a detective at a brothel tied up in handcuffs, is that what our police are like. In Brighton?

Maybe we should ask Edna . However I believe she's unavailable for comment at the moment : a little tied up i believe .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here