Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cucurella eating paella and dinking estrella

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I loved him when he was with us, till he did to us what he did to his previous club to join us. England were going to lose to Spain anyway because a) they were better than us and b) Gareth tried to win a trophy by not losing. Cucu unsurprisingly puts himself first career wise and having made the assist for the winner, I'm sure he is loved in his home country and buzzing from his success. I'm sort of pleased for him. I wonder if Chelsea will give him the Argentina/Mac Allister/Brighton welcome home. I'm guessing it won't cross the tiny minds of those classless rats!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Not completely unheard of (though extremely rare since Brazilian national team managers were abusing things like these in the past). It does exist as one of several doesn't-really-happen-in-reality clauses in the Football Manager games but you'll have to look long and hard to find examples in European football.

Two clubs negotiating a fee where payments are based on what the player and his national team achieve in a tournament = completely unheard of.

Nearly every clause in these deals are based on "we're getting more money and you're getting a share of it", like sell-on clauses and clauses that involves the buying club qualifying for continental competitions. I've never heard of a player winning a tournament - completely unrelated to both clubs - triggering a hypothetical clause like this. But maybe I'm wrong.
Don’t have to look that hard to find it in European football. The compensation package for Zak Sturge includes a payment if he plays for England.

It’s a lot more common for it to be included when a player moves between academies, and a tribunal sets the fee, or when a young professional moves.

Highly unlikely to be included for an established first teamer like Cucurella, extra payments for a player like that are more than likely to be appearance based or triggered when a club wins a trophy.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
very very gay

looks a right bellend in that video

Will boo harder than ever next time he plays us
While you've shown quite clearly for all the years I've been here that you have a big problem with gay people, I'm still quite curious how this is "very very gay".

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He clearly has the mind of a 4 year old, but other than the fact that he's a horrible, horrible singer, fair play to him. He was excellent for Spain throughout the Euros, wears his panto villain costume well, and is clearly back to his best. Good for him, why shouldn't he enjoy it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As a Brighton fan he p!ssed me off royally with the Chelsea nonsense, boo'd him... but as a Scotsman i've recently found it in my heart to forgive and will boo him no more,
Thought it funny how the German fans booed him in all the games after they played Spain. It was literally evert touch, no matter how fleeting, after that hand ball, right up to his last kick in the final they booed him.

Reactions: SAC

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not completely unheard of (though extremely rare since Brazilian national team managers were abusing things like these in the past). It does exist as one of several doesn't-really-happen-in-reality clauses in the Football Manager games but you'll have to look long and hard to find examples in European football.

Two clubs negotiating a fee where payments are based on what the player and his national team achieve in a tournament = completely unheard of.

Nearly every clause in these deals are based on "we're getting more money and you're getting a share of it", like sell-on clauses and clauses that involves the buying club qualifying for continental competitions. I've never heard of a player winning a tournament - completely unrelated to both clubs - triggering a hypothetical clause like this. But maybe I'm wrong.
National team achievements, agree.
Never heard of it.

Actual player appearances normally linked to debut, definitely heard of.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Mrs Bodian kept asking why that long-haired bloke was wearing only his undies during the celebrations.

1721397289744.png

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Did really well for us, did really well for Spain. Amongst all the criticism of him in the last year, especially from him own teams fans… not many of them stopped to think “maybe Chelsea is the problem”.
You don’t have to THINK “maybe Chelsea is the problem” everyone KNOWS they’re the problem. May that last for eternity.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
As he went charging down the wing against England, I was shouting please god no, not him, it was a given it was going to be tapped in.
He played a blinder against us, fair play to him.
Walker should have cleaned him out yet bottled the sliding tackle.

Cucurella played exactly as he did for us - brilliant going forward and not so good defending. When Saka attacked him him looked shaky but unfortunately Saka didn't attack him much.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Thought he was great when he played for us. Ever since he left I haven’t liked him. Throws himself to the floor and rolls around despite being the one pushing and holding at corners. I will continue to enjoy booing him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here