Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
palace fans have shown themselves to be extremely naive, extremely thick and extremely bad supporters. their defense for a lack of action was that 'well we were told it was all fine by the administrator' is laughable, and certainly not an excuse. worrying facts and figures and clear problems have been in the public domain for a while now.

when you compare the huge-scale and properly planned fight that we fought to save our club with their sit on the sofa and grumble approach... well i'm sorry but it looks to me like you don't care that much. do you have your club in your hearts and souls like we do (and proved it over and over and over again)? certainly doesn't look it. very very very poor effort.

We were told a week ago by the Administrator that the deal was going through ASAP.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The palace attendances have been down this year but seeing as brighton don't fill out a stadium which holds only 8,850 i'm not sure your in a position to have a go. People in glasshouses spring to mind i'm afraid.

We play in an athletics stadium with no roof and shit facilities, we're in the third tier and tickets cost a shitload.
Will be a different story when we have one of the best kitted out stadiums in the land.

+ At least we have a ground not to fill :clap2:

football fan

May 31, 2010
Palace attendances are a bit shit though to be fair.
The palace attendances have been down this year but considering brighton regularly fail to fill withdean stadium with a capacity of 8,850 i'm not sure you have a case to have a go. People in glasshouses spring to mind.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
We were told a week ago by the Administrator that the deal was going through ASAP.

that's my point. you should have got up off the sofa and starting doing something about this MONTHS ago. also, did nobody bother to question the administrator or poke around a bit to try and uncover the truth? the answer seemingly is no.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not sure it'll catch on and I confess to not having heard it before..now smart arse give me the SIMPATICO equivalent.

I discovered the word a couple of months ago in a martin samuel article. I'm doing my best to get the word more mainstream attention.

sim·pa·ti·co (sm-pät-k, -pt-)
adj.
1. Of like mind or temperament; compatible.
2. Having attractive qualities; pleasing.
[Italian simpatico (from simpatia, sympathy) or Spanish simpático (from simpatía, sympathy), both from Latin sympatha; see sympathy.]

simpatico [sɪmˈpɑːtɪˌkəʊ -ˈpæt-]
adj Informal
1. pleasant or congenial
2. of similar mind or temperament; compatible

If those definitions are accurate, aren't they suitable synonyms?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
you have not answered the question

use of a very appropriate word, which happens to be of foreign origin, does not mean that you 'hate your country'

what a ludicrous statement

Yes. That was the point. I know you don't hate your country. I presented you with the English equivalent, and you continued to use the German word. I used the smilie to indicate it was all in jest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I discovered the word a couple of months ago in a martin samuel article. I'm doing my best to get the word more mainstream attention.

sim·pa·ti·co (sm-pät-k, -pt-)
adj.
1. Of like mind or temperament; compatible.
2. Having attractive qualities; pleasing.
[Italian simpatico (from simpatia, sympathy) or Spanish simpático (from simpatía, sympathy), both from Latin sympatha; see sympathy.]

simpatico [sɪmˈpɑːtɪˌkəʊ -ˈpæt-]
adj Informal
1. pleasant or congenial
2. of similar mind or temperament; compatible

If those definitions are accurate, aren't they suitable synonyms?

Having lived and worked in Spain, I have to say that although they partially work in some cases, non of them really cover the meaning implied when calling someone simpatico, imo.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This 'anti-embarrasment clause' that the bank wants is all to do with the fear of the ground being sold on in the future to a property developer for a massive profit. Sounds familiar - wasn't the Goldstone sold and then sold on again for a huge profit?

The bank must know that if Palace were to reach the big time again in perhaps 10 years they will have to relocate from Selhurst Park and move to a new stadium. They are also aware of a Bill Archer scenario should Palace fold after dropping into non league football and the consortium making a large wedge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here