Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace deadline day

Well really what do you expect mate ? The Premier League is the be all and end all of football in this country - do you not understand that ? All the smaller clubs can go to the wall as long as they keep their precious PL.
OK you're Palace and all the rest of it but I genuinely feel sorry - as has been said before we don't want you to go under.
I heard that Colin was after three of your players - good friend he turned out to be.

Agree with you about Pompey and the Premier League. They're bending over backwards to help Portsmouth out just to maintain the so called reputation of 'the greatest league in the world.'
Disagree about Warnock though. Relegation looks likely so players will be sold. As long as he pays the going rate then why not?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Portsmouth can sign players and also got permission to sell them all outside of the transfer window.

We can't even register a member of staff as a player.

In fairness it does seem that there are different rule books depending on who and where you are in the league hierarchy.

Somewhat at a tangent I cannot understand why Pompey are allowed to sell players outside the window in order to stay afloat financially but are also permitted to retain a loan player from another club - if they need to sell to stay alive how do they afford the luxury of loanees and shouldn't they be required to send them back to their parent club? Without O'Hara I think they would be even further adrift at the bottom.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Agree with you about Pompey and the Premier League. They're bending over backwards to help Portsmouth out just to maintain the so called reputation of 'the greatest league in the world.'
Disagree about Warnock though. Relegation looks likely so players will be sold. As long as he pays the going rate then why not?

Exactly - Palarse need cash, Wanker needs new players. Suits them both.

Why wouldn't Millwall let them groundshare by the way? They'd take the money no problem even if their fans weren't keen.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why wouldn't Millwall let them groundshare by the way? They'd take the money no problem even if their fans weren't keen.

When we tried to ground share the Met Police put the boot in so that was that. The obvious place would be the Crystal Palace Stadium but that's in Bromley and from what I've heard they'd rather knock it down and sell for housing.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Anyone heard any news on this yet? I guess the deadline is going to be extended again!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Statement From Administrators
Posted on: Fri 26 Mar 2010

The club administrators, P & A Partnership are pleased to announce that they are confident that a buyer will be found for the club as the final deadline passed for interested parties to show their hand in taking the club forward.

Brendan Guilfoyle has been working tirelessly to ensure there is a positive conclusion to the current administration at Selhurst Park.

Guilfoyle told the official club website "This deadline was always a real one as once the season comes to its conclusion monies will need to be found. I needed to be in this position as I didn't want to start looking at the alternatives.

"We have held various clear the air talks at Selhurst, but sadly it seems that nothing can be done about that foul lingering aroma"

"Discussions are at a delicate stage and I am not in a position where I can expand on where we stand at this current time but remain positive that the club's future will be resolved shortly."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In fairness it does seem that there are different rule books depending on who and where you are in the league hierarchy.

Somewhat at a tangent I cannot understand why Pompey are allowed to sell players outside the window in order to stay afloat financially but are also permitted to retain a loan player from another club - if they need to sell to stay alive how do they afford the luxury of loanees and shouldn't they be required to send them back to their parent club? Without O'Hara I think they would be even further adrift at the bottom.

They are not paying out anything for O'Hara though - he is there as part of the deal that took Defoe [?] to Spurs.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

The club administrators, P & A Partnership are pleased to announce that they are confident that a buyer will be found for the club as the final deadline passed for interested parties to show their hand in taking the club forward.

Brendan Guilfoyle has been working tirelessly to ensure there is a positive conclusion to the current administration at Selhurst Park.

Guilfoyle told the official club website "This deadline was always a real one as once the season comes to its conclusion monies will need to be found. I needed to be in this position as I didn't want to start looking at the alternatives.

"We have held various clear the air talks at Selhurst, but sadly it seems that nothing can be done about that foul lingering aroma"

"Discussions are at a delicate stage and I am not in a position where I can expand on where we stand at this current time but remain positive that the club's future will be resolved shortly."

Cheers BOF! The statement says "discussions are at a delicate stage". This actually means that no one in the room had change for a tenner. :laugh:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sensible, considering the £250 limit cash withdrawal from ATMs.

That's probably putting off a number of potential buyers.

Why put the deadline back then? I can get £300 out per day. That's plenty

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
seems a 3 tier system for the punishment of ill managed football clubs , Premireship = stop being naughty . Championship = If you dont stop being naughty we will get really cross. League 1 2 & conference, you lot do not matter any how, bye bye Chester

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
Some one will save them there is an old saying my grandma used to say " a fool and his money are easily parted" and god knows theres plenty of them in south London.

And my old grandma used to say " Palace ? F*ck 'em ! They're all c*nts "

she was a very rude old lady - but always told the truth.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
As the great Lord Mullery would have said as he threw a handful of small change on the pitch
"Palace? You're not worth that!" :bowdown:

Spartak Us

Fighting the System
Mar 27, 2010
Seaford
Somebody will bale them out-there appears to be potential owners for most clubs-no matter how much in debt they are. Ron Noades is rumoured to be sniffing around them again and he will want the deal that's best for Ron Noades which may not be the best deal for Alice.

I think Ron actually likes the club. He did some dodgy deals at Brentford allegedly and also got invloved with Cardiff, but his record at Selhurst isn't that bad.

And Palace did finish third in Div 1 under his Chairmanship. That's the REAL Div. 1...

Spartak Us

Fighting the System
Mar 27, 2010
Seaford
And my old grandma used to say " Palace ? F*ck 'em ! They're all c*nts "

she was a very rude old lady - but always told the truth.

But did she carry out her threat though? Taking on a crowd of up to 50,000 at her age...she must have been bow-legged after that.

Spartak Us

Fighting the System
Mar 27, 2010
Seaford

Exclude...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here