Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only two players I would have from Palace and they are Murray and Ward, the rest are nothing special.

Murray is the same as Dobbie , a has-been and wouldn't get into our current squad.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I've got no issue at all saying that Palace, under Pulis, are putting up a decent fight. He's turned what was, even by the admission of most Palace fans, a shambolic group of players, into a gritty, hard to beat team.

The bottom of the Premier League looks like being a battle between many clubs this year and all you could ask was to be in with a sniff of survival, and you certainly have that. If we were in your position, we'd be delighted to be in the same spot.

I do have an issue with the trolling and gloating though - particularly when most of you were completely absent when the Holloway clown show was keeping the footballing world amused.

I like the idea of them thinking 'YES!!! We lost to Man City... better turn on the laptop and get on NSC. That'll show 'em!'

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Murray is the same as Dobbie , a has-been and wouldn't get into our current squad.

Leading goal scorer last season with 30 goals wouldn't get into your current squad? OK mate, if you say so.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
You don't wish you could have Ward, Jedinak, Chamakh, Puncheon etc. who are all far, far superior to any players in your squad?

This is exactly what I mean. You're deluding yourselves and (while slightly pitiable) it's bloody hilarious.

Ward? I couldn't even tell you his first name or what position he plays in, Jedinak and chamakh definitely wouldn't want them and don't think they are any better than Bridcutt or Ulloa and Puncheon! Do me a favour he's nothing special. I'm not deluded, you lot are in the premier league and giving it a go and you shouldn't expect anything less, we are in the championship and doing much the same, I really don't get any of your points?! You've played a game today and lost that's all I see when I look at the scoreline, I could care less how well you played, you still lost.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

With respect Soggy , the has- been that is Murray, with crutches, would get into the Brighton team over the never- been Barnes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With respect Soggy , the has- been that is Murray, with crutches, would get into the Brighton team over the never- been Barnes.

Barnes got more goals than Murray in his first Championship year.
Holloway had a knack of getting the best out of strikers like Murray, Dobbie and Phillips. I don't think Murray will repeat his feat when he's fit again.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The only real point regarding today's game is that if City had taken it seriously that would have won by more. As it happened they didn't and only beat the plucky underdogs 1-0.

Now can we all move on!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not that I want to argue with another Albion fan, but in my opinion Murray did well in the Championship and not many have scored 30 goals in this league.

Seems strange that the Palace gloaters are on about why we do not want their "superior" players.........meanwhile they signed Murray from BHA and were after Bridcutt and Ulloa.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not that I want to argue with another Albion fan, but in my opinion Murray did well in the Championship and not many have scored 30 goals in this league.

Granted he scored all those goals but currently he is about as useful as Craig Mackail-Smith.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Oh f u c k off you clown.

Rather be seen as a clown than someone who is so up their own arse that their attempt at winning an argument is shouting a little louder ;)
Fact is we did incredibly well against a team that Brighton with all their tippy tappy crap would have been torn apart by. And if you really want to talk about our lack of prowess in front of goal then should we not mention that your side couldn't even score against a very poor Huddersfield side?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Seems strange that the Palace gloaters are on about why we do not want their "superior" players.........meanwhile they signed Murray from BHA and were after Bridcutt and Ulloa.

It's called cherry picking.
Fwiw, Ulloa wanted to come to us in the summer, but you wouldn't sell.
( waits for Fosters Headband to ask for proof !!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The bids they put in for Bridcutt and Ulloa were laughed at , Hollowhead and the Palace board must have identified 250 players they wanted to sign and then put in an offer for nearly every one. :lol:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Are people actually suggesting that Ulloa is fit to lace Chamakh's boots? Deary me. I'll have some of what you're smoking, please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here