Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Crushes on Facebook

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm giving up Facebook, for this reason:

[video]https://www.ted.com/talks/carole_cadwalladr_facebook_s_r ole_in_brexit_and_the_threat_t o_democracy?language=en[/video]

I wish I could because I accept everything that Carole highlights, but in the Wrens group alone, there are over 4000 of us, so can you imagine organising something on Whatsapp with over 4K message flying around?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Surely WhatsApp is the only logical way people keep in touch these days.
Video messaging, photo sharing, and all completely free across the globe.
If you don’t have someone’s phone number there’s a very good chance they don’t actually like you.
Ha ha! Agreed.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Planted yourself squarely in the 'uncool' camp.
My daughter (21) uses Instagram and barely goes near FB now.
My son (15) uses Twitter and doesn't even have FB.
My partner(I won't say, but old enough to have a 21yo) uses it to 'see what her friends are doing', then moans constantly that they are boring and/or selling slimming sh*t.
I don't have it... TBH, nothing interesting has happened in my life that I felt I had to tell everyone about.

For people I know... WhatsApp... For people I don't know well, NSC... For strangers I want to argue with... Reddit. Not sure I want those 3 groups mixing.
Yeah pretty similar here.

My son is 12. He and all his friends use WhatsApp, Insta and Snapchat. None are even remotely interested in Facebook.

I used to use Twitter a lot but it bores me now so just use it to keep updated with cricket and football stuff and it's still very good for instant news. Mostly just use WhatsApp (and NSC). Never had a Facebook account as I saw how it consumed some of my friends lives and it just seemed a bit pointless.

Mrs has Facebook but only signed up to keep up with one of our son's cricket teams. She never posts on it but follows friends and family members and, similarly, complains about the bullshit they put on there compared to how their real lives are. She uses WhatsApp all the time though.

Facebook will survive because of older people and the fact that they buy up all the competition but the younger generations aren't interested in the original Facebook format. That's "dead" in teenager speak.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Strange that so many people don't understand how to use Facebook in a way that works for them. And also strange that some people don't seem capable of using both Whatsapp and Facebook. They both can be really useful if you treat them right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here