Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd vs Walsall under 5,000

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Its just too expensive to regularly watch football nowdays for me.

No pay rise this year, mortgage rises, 2 sets of school uniforms, vets bills, petrol etc, the list is endless. I hate missing the Albion, I miss my mates and the awaydays but until I can get more pay or there is an economic upturn for average earners its 3-4 games a year for me. Up to 2 seasons ago i only missed about 10 games a season for years. Guess thats life

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, we're all agreed - ticket prices must come down. Either reduce all tickets to about £10 (with the travel voucher an optional extra) or do specific promotions with tickets for certain LEAGUE games (forget the JPT) at £5

No STHs will object. After all they always bang on about how they pay upfront for the good of the club, so I'm sure they'll put the interests of the club first and not worry about the value of their own little investment being eroded.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The crowd last night was a disgrace. I was sat right in the middle, so it was hard to guage. The family stand had probably only 25% of the people in it that you would get on a Saturday, but being a school night, that is obvious.

Walsall only brought about 70 fans, so that kept numbers low.

Even so, it was a perfect evening for watching football. I left work early so that I could go and I found it much more enjoyable than sitting in watching Champions League on telly.

I am really disappointed with the apathy that seems to exist at the moment. :nono:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Ok, we're all agreed - ticket prices must come down. Either reduce all tickets to about £10 (with the travel voucher an optional extra) or do specific promotions with tickets for certain LEAGUE games (forget the JPT) at £5

No STHs will object. After all they always bang on about how they pay upfront for the good of the club, so I'm sure they'll put the interests of the club first and not worry about the value of their own little investment being eroded.

I would agree with but ad one caveat. If ticket prices are to be cut for the remainder of the season, those STH's (inc me) should have this reflected IF they renew next season.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Martin Perry will get the message eventually, though it might be years before he does. How long did it take him to implement the members' scheme to give season-ticket holders priority for over-subscribed games?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yep, time to do something drastic. That's 400 lower than our worst EVER crowd at Withdean. I don't care how low the prices have to go, just get 7,000 people in there each week to create a bit of atmosphere. The SILENCE tonight was embarrassing. Surely even selling the FOUR THOUSAND empty seats for a pound would be better than this?

I think the arguement would then be, nobody would pay the normal price for a ticket and then all future ticket sales would then have to be £1 and we would be running at a loss.....much bigger loss.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
in summary, If I could have turned up on the gate, paid up to, say, £20, I would probably have gone.

Thats all fans want is to turn up, buy a ticket at a reasonable price and watch a football match. It would'nt be so bad if the club could get permission to park a ticket van at Preston Park so you could purchase your ticket before walking up to the ground.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I would agree with but ad one caveat. If ticket prices are to be cut for the remainder of the season, those STH's (inc me) should have this reflected IF they renew next season.
But if the ticket prices are only cut for a specific part of the ground - ie the East Stand - then why should STH's (including me as well) have a problem with it? At the moment we are playing attractive (if not always effective) football. Just think how low last night's crowd would have been if we'd lost against Luton? Also - would we have got a slightly higher crowd if the game had been scheduled tonight (vs Sky only football) rather than Tuesday (vs terrestial TV football)?

Because we used to played at a proper ground and get proper crowds we think there is a divine right to expect everyone to keep coming now that we are at a 'stadium' of less than non-league quality. We don't. The club have put a lot of effort into making Withdean a place to watch football but their hands are tied as they don't own the ground.

Mar 10, 2006
Football is just to expensive nowadays and the type of person who goes has changed as well. I think the club have lost supporters for a variety of reasons and those have been well documented. However as much as I love watching the Albion it just isn't the same as it used to be back in the Goldstone days and I think a lot of people have lost that feeling they had for the club. I'll admit that at times it doesn't seem as if I'm following the same club. The damage that Archer/Bellotti did still lives on - they well and truly ripped the heart out of the Albion

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
League match scheduling

Why can the Football League not schedule a whole programme of league matches in a week when there is no European football?

Whilst I could not given a monkeys decaying molar about Fat Frank, Young Yossi, Fragrant Francesco or Playne Wayne Rooney. It would appear that some fans prefer to watch such games than support the lifeblood of the local footballing communty.

Are there so few weeks when there is no Sky coverage of top class football (you know the stuff we see when England play)?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
See the 'JPT match next week' thread, for a BRILLIANT idea, that will attract new fans from all over Sussex, GUARANTEED. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here