Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd v Scummers.....................

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
It will be impossible to get a full house, especially when you think people like Gully's Girls will not be included as they don't pay to get in yet that have a seat each, and 1901 seats who are owned by companies and haven't given all the tickets away. That's without those with sick notes, holidays, family crisises etc

Appreciate all that - but does that REALLY equate to 10% of our home support?! If you cant go, especially in hospitality, SURELY someone would bite yer arm off for the tkt??!!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
...........was 20,773 of which 2,400 were away fans?

Bank holiday and a 3pm KO - disappointing that we are not getting a full house for a game like this FFS?

(Saying that I had the flu and couldnt go :blush:)

The attendance is roughly the same each week and i do not see where the 2,000 empty seats are a few hundred yes , any one else see 2,000 emkty seats on monday

Corporate tickets, some of which aren't hardcore football fans or some may be away on holidays or only spend a portion of the year in Britain but want to be assured to watch The Albion whenever they can make it back?

There must be all sorts of reasons why some don't get to every game

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
A colleague tells me his brother and five others have season tickets together but bought 8 tickets so they could have a spare seat at each end of the group and wouldnt have to sit next to anyone they didnt know... :tosser:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As a percentage of the total ground filled, we rank second in the division at 83.1% by average attendance. Only West Ham, at 83.8%, fill more of their seats on average than us. So we're not only doing OK in terms of non-attendance, we're doing much better than average.

(Palace rank 21st at 56.1%, but I don't know if that figure includes season ticket holders who don't actually attend or not).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
lol clicked return before i finished but to add, i'm not sure those using the boxes are actually counted anyhow as i don't think they go in via a turnstile.

They all have their cards scanned at the entrance, as do all 1901 Club members, so yes, their attendance is recorded, just like all the other turnstiles.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I can't make all games, as it's a 360 mile round-trip, but my seat has never been empty - I either sell it to mates, or give it to family (all genuine Albion fans).

There are plenty of evening games coming up that I simply can't get to, so I'm already organising for other people to go. Not rocket science.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
What happened to the much touted ticket exchange that was on the cards? Will this be put in place at any point, or will they see how things work with the extra seats in before embarking on this venture?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4605671 said:
What happened to the much touted ticket exchange that was on the cards? Will this be put in place at any point, or will they see how things work with the extra seats in before embarking on this venture?

Insider answered this a while back saying it would be in the early part of the year. I guess there are a lot of things that need to get cleared up, not many clubs offer such a scheme, probably because there are issues with security, making sure tickets don't get into the wrong hands, payments etc. Also, if you don't go, and let the club sell your ticket to someone else, do you get reimbursed? If so how much? Think about this, if you bought a ST at the reduced rates and sold the seat individually for every game you'd end up making money if they paid you the full seat price each time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Insider answered this a while back saying it would be in the early part of the year. I guess there are a lot of things that need to get cleared up, not many clubs offer such a scheme, probably because there are issues with security, making sure tickets don't get into the wrong hands, payments etc. Also, if you don't go, and let the club sell your ticket to someone else, do you get reimbursed? If so how much? Think about this, if you bought a ST at the reduced rates and sold the seat individually for every game you'd end up making money if they paid you the full seat price each time.

Hypothetically you pay £460 for a ST (23 games) so each game works out to be £20. If you cannot go you can ask the club to sell it on your behalf , if it is sold you get a £15 credit (taken off the price of the next ST or added to the smartcard for purchases at the kiosks or club superstore) The club will sell your game ticket to another fan for £30 which is the regular matchday price. The club could apply criteria for fans to qualify for these purchases such as being on the database or a loyalty point threshold for high profile games.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
aLTHO THAT'S STILL AROUND 93 % CAPACITY

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The attendance is roughly the same each week and i do not see where the 2,000 empty seats are a few hundred yes , any one else see 2,000 emkty seats on monday
Saw a few scattered around the east but apart from that im struggling to see how we had 2000 empty seats and yeah it looked about 200 at most???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here