Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd turning on individuals

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brighton fans always need to pick out a player as a scapegoat when things go wrong. Invariably it seems to be a defender who gets singled out and takes all the stick , sometimes undeservedly.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Brighton fans always need to pick out a player as a scapegoat when things go wrong. Invariably it seems to be a defender who gets singled out and takes all the stick sometimes undeservedly.

At least they don't pick on fellow members of the crowd, don't you think? :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think there is a world off difference between continually haranguing a player during a game and booing either at substitutions or the end of a game.

The former I dont agree with but the latter is fair play and part of the experience both for a player and supporter.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Brighton fans always need to pick out a player as a scapegoat when things go wrong. Invariably it seems to be a defender who gets singled out and takes all the stick , sometimes undeservedly.

I'm sure you would agree it's not unique to Brighton though?

I would put money on it that every club in the land has supporters that pick on individuals.

seagulljez

Nov 8, 2008
Lets be fair we all have our own views on who plays well or not, and booing isn't really the end of the world, and if someone wants to express their opinion this way, so be it.
I didn't boo Hawkins or whing yesterday, but they both played crap

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Is this a regular occurence?

Wayne Henderson and Colin Hawkins are the ONLY players i've ever seen individually booed off by Albion support. Is it an Irish thing?

What about Glenn Murray against Cheltenham home last year? I seem to remember there being a few idiots who started booing when he missed yet another chance.

I've never booed an individual player - I think unlike booing the team it's not really fair and counter-productive. At least when people boo at the end of the game they are blaming everyone - manager, coaches, players, Malcolm Stewart (!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here