Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crowd effect or no crowd effects?

Crowd effect or no crowd effects?

• WITH crowd effects

Votes: 78 62.9%
  • WITHOUT crowd effects

Votes: 46 37.1%

• Total voters

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Watching the Albion with - helps make it feel less tense.

Watching anyone else without - Listening to Chris Wilder and Dean Smith have a "BASHY" and "CASHY" shout off is an experience in itself.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With, definitely.

As an aside, some of the stuff going in the stadiums amuses me. Like last night at Deepdale for instance, why were each of the substitutions announced over the stadium tannoy? And I noticed watching highlights of West Ham v Hull, they played goal music after each of West Hams 5 goals. I mean why, just why? :shrug:

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Depends on the game. Crowd noise on for Albion home games with primarily Albion crowd noise. Crowd noise off for most away games. Especially Southampton or any other ground , like Tottenham, where the crowd noise will be predominantly the ' go marching in ' song which I absolutely cannot stand....especially when it turns into an ear worm.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
. Cant wait to attend but must say have got used to no crowds and has not detracted from my enjoyment of both league games I have watched

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I initially thought I’d prefer with but after watching the last three games without, I prefer the unplugged offering

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I go with effects ..but I’m beginning to be swayed the other way ...hearing Arsenal fans singing is so false

Would add though that on the radio I’d prefer ‘effects’

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Noises on for me. I find I don't celebrate goals as much when there's no crowd cheering along with me, even if it is a fake crowd.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Started Project Restart as a With but have become very much a Without now. Finding it quite strange to hear a crowd but see empty stands and it just seems fake (I guess I was just deluding myself before).

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I don't mind a bit of ambient background filler crowd noise, but the howls of disbelief for a bad tackle and applause when a player goes off is a bit too much for me Brian.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Started Project Restart as a With but have become very much a Without now. Finding it quite strange to hear a crowd but see empty stands and it just seems fake (I guess I was just deluding myself before).

Same as this. Enjoying the real sound this season

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agree on the radio point. It's made me realise that I often know what has happened more quickly due to the presence of a crowd.

On radio commentaries without crowd noise, it can take a surprisingly long time for a commentator to actually reveal a goal has been scored!

Chris Kamara ? :lolol:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I love it - mainly when they get it wrong, e.g. when they give us a full-on goal roar when its hit the side netting. Also love the booing when there's a bit of argie bargie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here