Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crossbar for england.............

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Just been watching the man city game and seeing macaroni hit the post twice in the last few minutes reminded me of the game at the goldstone when the opposition hit the bar about five times, and we al started singing "crossbar fo england"

anyone remember the game?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bristolseagull said:
Just been watching the man city game and seeing macaroni hit the post twice in the last few minutes reminded me of the game at the goldstone when the opposition hit the bar about five times, and we al started singing "crossbar fo england"

anyone remember the game?

Stockport?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Re: Re: Crossbar for england.............

Grumpy Sourpuss said:
Stockport?
Evening Grumpy.:wave: :drink:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Crossbar for england.............

Grumpy Sourpuss said:
:cheers:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Just to confirm, it was definately Stockport County and I think they had the giant Kevin Francis playing for them. If memory serves me right we won 2-0 and they hit the bar 3 times which prompted the chants of: "One Crossbar", "Give Me A C...", Crossbar For England", etc.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Crossbar for england.............

Grumpy Sourpuss said:
Stockport?

Yep it was. Andy Kennedy scored twice. Once with a sort of diving header.

They had Kevin Francis who was about 8ft tall being marked by Steve Foster :clap:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
great game that,

wonder where that crossbar is now........

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Never forget the away leg of the play-off semi when Swindon hit the bar and the post twice. The offical stats for them was no shots on target. In the post game interview the person doing the interview said

Well you did not have a shot on target. Their manager said but we hit the woodwork three times. The interviewer then said well if it had been on target it would been in the net. Or words to that effect.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Wardy said:
Never forget the away leg of the play-off semi when Swindon hit the bar and the post twice. The offical stats for them was no shots on target. In the post game interview the person doing the interview said

Well you did not have a shot on target. Their manager said but we hit the woodwork three times. The interviewer then said well if it had been on target it would been in the net. Or words to that effect.

Ill never know how Mooney missed the ine that hit corner of bar and post. They did hit the target didn't they? Didn't Roberts save from a Mooney diving header?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here