Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We're all clutching at straws at the moment because it's been so quiet on the transfer front.

I would LOVE it to be Liam Trotter & our Bozza is a big tease. Finger's crossed.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I don't understand this fascination with trotter? I was on holiday for the Millwall game but have seen him play numerous times before and he hasn't stood out so are the people who constantly rave on about us signing him basing this on that 1 game? He must have been emmense but doesn't mean he's the answer

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't understand this fascination with trotter? I was on holiday for the Millwall game but have seen him play numerous times before and he hasn't stood out so are the people who constantly rave on about us signing him basing this on that 1 game? He must have been emmense but doesn't mean he's the answer

He was immense in that game, yes, and Gus has previous in targetting players who have impressed against us - see Hoskins, Greer, Kuszczak, for examples.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yes noone as well but then Kuszczak is a top keeper played in the prem for a number of years,Hoskins scored 20 goals in a relegated team and Greer had a superb season for Swindon just hope that was the real Liam trotter you all saw that day if we do sign him.im not saying he's not the answer and I'm sure if gus is interested he has watched him or had him watched quite a few times but every time I open a thread it's trotter this trotter that and most people have probably only seen him pay once

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes noone as well but then Kuszczak is a top keeper played in the prem for a number of years,Hoskins scored 20 goals in a relegated team and Greer had a superb season for Swindon just hope that was the real Liam trotter you all saw that day if we do sign him.im not saying he's not the answer and I'm sure if gus is interested he has watched him or had him watched quite a few times but every time I open a thread it's trotter this trotter that and most people have probably only seen him pay once

Ah yes - Noone. I knew there was another good example.

I doubt Noone would have been on our radar at all, if not for one eye-catching display against us at Home Park.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're all clutching at straws at the moment because it's been so quiet on the transfer front.

I would LOVE it to be Liam Trotter & our Bozza is a big tease. Finger's crossed.
Trotter was ridiculously immense against us, but a quick peruse on one of the two big Millwall forums and you will see that he is woefully inconsistent. If he wasn't, he probably wouldn't be at Millwall, seeing as Ipswich had previously released him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So have we deciphered what Bozza is on about?

I'd be happy with Crofts though he wouldn't be my first choice of the various midfielders we've been linked with/speculated about.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Trotter was ridiculously immense against us, but a quick peruse on one of the two big Millwall forums and you will see that he is woefully inconsistent. If he wasn't, he probably wouldn't be at Millwall, seeing as Ipswich had previously released him.

if there is one thing I feel very comfortable about it's that Poyet has a proven ability to improve many of the players working under him - possibly CMS is the only player who has not progressed.

El-Abd, Barnes, Noone are good examples of players who have significantly developed and generally play with greater consistency

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
if there is one thing I feel very comfortable about it's that Poyet has a proven ability to improve many of the players working under him - possibly CMS is the only player who has not progressed.

El-Abd, Barnes, Noone are good examples of players who have significantly developed and generally play with greater consistency

Another example is Buckley, who similar to Trotter, was labelled as inconsistent by Watford fans and according to them, didn't seem to be developing quickly enough to do it most games. I recall a lot of them were quite happy with £1 million for him.

I imagine most of us would rate Buckley far higher now though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Hard to disagree. In most cases, he has managed to get more consistency from our players than thought possible, and in positions all over the pitch.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hard to disagree. In most cases, he has managed to get more consistency from our players than thought possible, and in positions all over the pitch.

Agreed, have no concerns about Poyet bringing in someone that has been inconsistent, he has show repeatedly that he's able to get the best out of a player, see Murray as a prime case.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another example is Buckley, who similar to Trotter, was labelled as inconsistent by Watford fans and according to them, didn't seem to be developing quickly enough to do it most games. I recall a lot of them were quite happy with £1 million for him.

I imagine most of us would rate Buckley far higher now though.

Buckley is immense, love watching him. Everytime he gets the ball he is on his toes at the defender. The crowd goes up a level every time he has it and you expect things to happen.

That patch he had last season where he was smashing in loads of last minute winners was incredible.

Not particularly related to this thread but had to chip in with that.

Love Will Buckley

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Well, some 'wall say he is inconsistent, others say that he is their best player by a distance, worth £2m+ etc etc. I am quite sure we will have watched him more than twice as well. By the same token, there are plenty on here who think Noone, Barnes and CMS are rubbish, those 'wall supporters may be equally clueless, who knows? As for Ipswich, they also let Jordan Rhodes go for 250k....

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
But he was also described as being 21/22 years old so that doesn't make any sense either.

I saw him it was definitely ugo, I was one of three people there who didn't recognize him as he looked so young. Only realised it was him when someone posted a pic of him on here.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Ah yes - Noone. I knew there was another good example.

I doubt Noone would have been on our radar at all, if not for one eye-catching display against us at Home Park.
You say that but Barnes was.....I know he had a spell at eastbourne but as no one was getting rave reviews week after week that season I'm sure he would have done
Anyway I hope your all proved right and we sign trotter and he is as good as he was that cold feb night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here