Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He was fine at Brighton?

So you know him personally?

gouldy27

Brighton till i die
Mar 31, 2010
I didn't no him but, u know the way he was acting at the game he got popular then just went after everyone got used to him

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I didn't no him but, u know the way he was acting at the game he got popular then just went after everyone got used to him

Not particularly.

See the post above from Basil.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
footballers are all about money

Is the correct answer.

The club paid nothing for him, got £300k for him. Contract expires next season, could have got nothing. Good business, so long as Crofty was happy with the move. He certainly would not have been forced to go.

That 300k will no doubt go a long way in signing one or two flair players from remote villages/ towns in South America who have yet to be discovered. (I hope).

I expect big things from the Albion this summer. Crofts departure, albeit disappointing, has given Gustavo 300k extra in the kitty.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Higher league, better wage infrustructure, and a chance to prove himself in a higher division. The rumours flying about are £350,000 which is good business, for a player who we signed on a free last season.

What he said.

He's done it the RIGHT way. Gave us his best, got a better offer, will earn us a few quid.

Best of luck to him

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
FFS this is ridiclious...the guy has been offered the chance to play in a higher league, more money and better stadium, he has a family why wouldnt he take it!

We are getting a new stadium but that is not for another season, he had a great season with us, give the guy a break!

Keep the faith in Gus as I am assuming he knows what he is doing!

Last edited:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He has basically given the club £300k for nothing. Good business as far as Im concerned. Great player, not irreplacable. Footballers have a short career, and have to make the most of it. Best of luck to Croftsy.,He done us proud here, and has been recognised at a higher level for his contributions while at this club.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Good but by no means irreplaceable player leaves for 350K having signed in the summer for zilch having put in maximum effort throughout the season. Leaves for a higher league and lets be honest a bigger club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
A win-win situation. Croftsy gets a bigger wage packet, the club gets a handy profit, and he made a great contribution to the team during the season. I wish him well.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Would have preferred him to stay but probably for the best he moved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here