Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts signing today [4:30 announcement]

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
So in theory how much do you think we have to spend on a striker? Are we looking at 2-3 million based on budget from lash year ( ie in theory the amount we have left? ) or more than that??

Only that then puts the kind of strikers we could be after in a range... 2million for cox, 5 million for Rhodes etc..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We've been told the identity of a player who is 'secured' as a back up option, yes, and trust the source who has told us.

I'm not doubting either of you. But how "secure" can he be if we haven't signed him? I would hate to be treated like that, "we've agreed terms with your club and with you, but ideally we won't sign you, but the other guy. In the meantime, just wait for us to decide." Or am I wrong?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I'm not doubting either of you. But how "secure" can he be if we haven't signed him? I would hate to be treated like that, "we'v agreed terms with your club and with you, but ideally we won't sign you, but the other guy. In the meantime, just wait for us to decide." Or am I wrong?

If it is Lukaku, maybe he's agreed to go because he likes Gus but he wants to stay at Chelsea if he can to prove himself but is happy to gain experience to help out a Chelsea legend.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not doubting either of you. But how "secure" can he be if we haven't signed him? I would hate to be treated like that, "we've agreed terms with your club and with you, but ideally we won't sign you, but the other guy. In the meantime, just wait for us to decide." Or am I wrong?

Its a loan deal, so the agreement would be between clubs rather than the player, I guess.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If it is Lukaku, maybe he's agreed to go because he likes Gus but he wants to stay at Chelsea if he can to prove himself but is happy to gain experience to help out a Chelsea legend.

Does Lukaku fit the bill for the seemingly thrilling backup option we're contemplating? His transfer fee to Chelsea was ridiculous, and it would be amazing to see an £18million striker from a year earlier play for Brighton. So long as he doesn't play like Man City's £18million striker did at Withdean...

Its a loan deal, so the agreement would be between clubs rather than the player, I guess.

6 months or the full season?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As per [MENTION=3883]Stumpy[/MENTION]Tim, I don't know the identity of the main target.

Ah ok, sorry I guessed that you knew the identity of both and preferred the back up option, rather than just knowing the back up option and being rather delighted with that

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's the usual 'I know something,but can't tell you anything' if people know then post the name and we can see what happens

This is in no way a knock of HKFC as I like his posts in general

Over time, you get to know who on here has genuine sources, and who doesn't...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's the usual 'I know something,but can't tell you anything' if people know then post the name and we can see what happens

Even if posting the name would be breaking a confidence, or in the worst case, actually affect the club's realtionship with another club by private info being leaked out before it was planned to be released?

If our source wanted to share the name at this point, he could have posted it on here himself. Because he didn't, we'll assume he does not want it made public right now.

What we can share, for the benefit of fellow Albion fans is that things are moving behind the scenes to get a striker in, and the quality of the player(s) involved is very exciting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't like the sound of this 1st permanent target,.

You don't like the sound of our number 1 target even though no one has a clue who he is? How does that work or has someone on this thread said that they do know who our main target is?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've been told the identity of a player who is 'secured' as a back up option
This.
Even if posting the name would be breaking a confidence, or in the worst case, actually affect the club's realtionship with another club by private info being leaked out before it was planned to be released?
Totally understand that. When you have a good source that says you can't say, then you don't say.

But I am confused how it can be secure when we're telling them we're not sure yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here