Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts or Hammond

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Didnt see game last night but sounds as though Hammond was impressive. Could there be a competition for places between the returnees. Hammonds a strong character. He won't give up a place in the team readily...

It`s an insult to them both and to the fans if they sit on the bench while Dicker starts

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I pay to see the best players. If Dickers starts over Crofts or Hammond I wouldn't be happy.

It would also be an insult to Tonys intelligence after forking out wages for a midfielder from the premier league and another from a side promoted to the same league,there is no room for sentiment if the club are to achieve Tonys ambitions

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Dicker is different to crofts and Ham. He has more creativity but with either crofts and Bridders or Ham and Bridders it allows for a more creative yet less industrious midfielder. I don't think Poyet will go with both. It's either or. For me it's crofts.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Shows how far we've moved on doesn't it, having a debate like this? :) After some of the dross we've been served up prior to TB taking over & appointing Gus! Lets be honest, whatever team GP selects, its going to have flair and I am double f***ing happy to part with my £18 per game or whatever it is :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Too inconsistant - rarely has a good game, usually is ok at best. Has a tendency to give the ball away in dangerous areas.

Crofts and Hammond every time.

He's been consistent so far this season - don't think he's had a bad game yet.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Dicker is absolutely fabulous for

around two or three minutes per game..

Seriously watch him, most of the time he just jogs around, seldom making a tackle and if the ball comes to him he is unlikely to do anything with it other than be dispossessed except on the odd occasion he makes a superb pass. Considering his contribution on a percentage basis, he surely can't have much future in the first team !

Now wearing the Asbestos suit but sorry it is true !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Didnt see game last night but sounds as though Hammond was impressive. Could there be a competition for places between the returnees. Hammonds a strong character. He won't give up a place in the team readily...

Absolutely, but we want that don't we? And Hammond scored two offside goals, one him being off the other not being off... we want a midfielder like that don't we? Crofts does it too... two very good players in the same position... happy days.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It`s an insult to them both and to the fans if they sit on the bench while Dicker starts

It would also be an insult to Tonys intelligence after forking out wages for a midfielder from the premier league and another from a side promoted to the same league,there is no room for sentiment if the club are to achieve Tonys ambitions
Wow, he must really be bad because you have to go a long way to insult the intelligence of some people on here.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Crofts/Hammond partnership would be good because you have two strong players who are also good at getting into goalscoring positions. Yes, Dicker had his best game on Friday but it was hardly inspiring. He has no pace and Friday was probably the first game when he didn't get caught on the ball. On Friday, the two vulnerable players are Barnes and Dicker despite both having reasonable games. Sheffield Wed were not a good team and if you look at their fixtures so far, they are mid table and all their games apart from Friday were against teams below them! We are going to play better teams and better that our strongest midfield play together sooner rather than later.

The problem of course is that both Barnes and Dicker are favourites of GP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here