Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Criticism of Gary Hart

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
There seems to have been a lot of criticism of Gary Hart on here lately. Although I would not want us to renew his contract, and it is fair to say he is certainly past his best (to put it mildly), I just find it bit harsh when people say stuff like they wish he would "f*** off" and the like.

He is an absolute Albion legend and a reminder of the good times. He is also an absolute top f***ing bloke and seems to be as much a fan as a player (remember spotting him on the terraces at Brentford this season). I understand people saying they wouldn't want him in the team, but I don't understand people saying he's shit. He's OGH.

He is ALSO known to frequent NSC....

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
gary is a legand people forget the years of graft he put in to this club could do with afew young gary harts in the team now:falmer:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
There seems to have been a lot of criticism of Gary Hart on here lately. Although I would not want us to renew his contract, and it is fair to say he is certainly past his best (to put it mildly), I just find it bit harsh when people say stuff like they wish he would "f*** off" and the like.

He is an absolute Albion legend and a reminder of the good times. He is also an absolute top f***ing bloke and seems to be as much a fan as a player (remember spotting him on the terraces at Brentford this season). I understand people saying they wouldn't want him in the team, but I don't understand people saying he's shit. He's OGH.

As I'm sure quite a few other members of the Brighton and Hove Albion players and staff do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a great admirer of what he has achieved for us and he is Bens idol but like even good food it has to be ditched because it has passed its best before date and sadly that is the case with OGH. He has been and is a Brighton legend and it would be sad to see him go out with fans slagging him and bitterness. Unfortuately age and injuries have taken away his biggest asset his turn of speed and sadly he offers very little when he comes on as a sub other than effort and endeavour. I am sure that his career will continue with a Conference side.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
yesterday was yesterday, today was today. asking him to do something against the two ogres that norwich had was never going to work. not his fault .

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

agree with every word. It's time to say goodbye, but he's still a legend.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
gary is a legand people forget the years of graft he put in to this club could do with afew young gary harts in the team now:falmer:

Agree with you totally, he may be in his early 30's and past his best, but the bloke is a legend...he never put in less than 110% and I would rather have a few players of his ilk in my team than those like CKR...who gave the impression that he couldn't be bothered and would much rather be somewhere else.

There are a few players, I am thinking of OGH, FDM and Johnny Byrne for whom playing in an albion side was an honour, their love of the club goes further than just playing in the team...who on Earth can question that level of commitment.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would much rather he came on INSTEAD of Carole. OGH will run thru brick walls, he will harry and chase and close down.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Give him a COACHING JOB.

thread closed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
full respect to him but he was the wrong person to bring on when we were chasing the game, 1 nil up and wanting someone to chase long aimless balls then maybe

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004

What's been achieved in the past is irrelevant in present day. Yes he was a good player for us, and always gives it his all, but he is nowhere near good enough to be playing for us at the moment.

He hasn't scored a goal since 2006 and we're throwing him on expecting him to score a goal in 5 minutes. It's not going to happen hence why people were no doubt slagging his ability off when he came on today.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
havent seen anyone wishing OGH to "f*** off", if they do then prehaps they should do one themselves. he is a legend. true he is past his best but somethings matter more. if he's being played as a striker then thats a poor managment decision, but if he's fililng in a spot on the right wing/RB, he will give everything for the cause and run opposition into the ground.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
OGH was never given a real chance to show his potential. That's why he is still here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here