Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cristiano Ronaldo

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He may well have donated a hefty some of cash for all we know

This was my thinking too.

I fully understand that people really dislike Ronaldo. But the fact is, we don't know what he has or has not donated. On th Maderia issue, I don't think we can slag him off.

For being a diving, Paris Hilton-shagging, greasy, multi-milionaire I think we can hate him.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
For me the images of him sitting on the floor stamping his hands and feet like a child after not getting a free kick for a nothing challenge, the constant whinging, the cheating and winkergate will always outweigh the undeniable talent this guy has. I for one am not disappointed to not have him playing in England any more.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Eyewitness News: Ronaldo to help in Madeira

Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo has promised to help with relief efforts for his home country of Madeira.

At least 40 people have been left dead after mudslides hit the Portuguese holiday island yesterday.

Portugal has sent rescue teams to Madeira to help those still trapped in their homes.

Ronaldo, who grew up in Funchal, the worst hit area, is expected to make a massive donation towards relief efforts.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It was a terrific gesture by Ronaldo to highlight the suffering of the people of Madeira to the watching world.

He is sorely missed by most EPL fans, although his departure does seem to have bought the best out in our very own Wayne Rooney.

:clap:

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
I lived in Funchal, Madeira in 2007 for a year and Im devastated for that amazing Island and its special people....this really would have broken an incredible community of people.

In regards to Ronaldo, when I went over there.....I took what I see on this board.....a very pig english attitude of "Ronaldo's a **** bla bla" Well he must be...he got rooney sent off 50 years ago!!

God sake grow up!

When I lived there, I had the pleasure to meet the man himself and freinds and family of his. He's a very family oreintated man and has put lots of money into the Island looking after his own family and building schools and giving back to the island, so people shouldnt always base their opinions and thoughts on what hair gel he uses or what the media spin your mind to think!

My heart goes out to all those people on the Island. x

An excellent post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here