Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cristian Walton

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So the same as what Maupay did to the Arsenal keeper ?

No. Because Walton had the ball. Maupay and the Gooner keeper were 50/50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hoping for the best but fear he will be out for some time.

Do we take the gamble that Ryan won't get injured and use Sanchez as the back up until Walton recovers or bring in a far more experienced back up whether on loan or a one year contract.

I would be happy with Sanchez but fully expect another keeper coming in, if Walton is out for months rather than weeks.

Like Steele, perhaps?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bollocks Giroud meant as much Harm as Maupay did. Wise up it was clearly an accident.

Like many of us I’ve only seen the incident once. My gut feel was that the challenge was after Walton took the catch, whereas in the Maupay incident it was as the keeper was attempting to catch it. Only Giroud knows what he meant. Surprised to see Duffy pissing about in the empty goal whilst Walton was clearly in a lot of pain just a few yards away.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No. Because Walton had the ball. Maupay and the Gooner keeper were 50/50

You need to watch it again, Leno has possession of the ball when Maupay nudges him out of the box. Both incidents happen in football and both ended up with very unfortunate injuries.

Part of the game.

Very poor form from Albion fans bemoaning Giroud for the same thing that Maupay did, as many countless other players also do.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Hoping for the best but fear he will be out for some time.

Do we take the gamble that Ryan won't get injured and use Sanchez as the back up until Walton recovers or bring in a far more experienced back up whether on loan or a one year contract.

I would be happy with Sanchez but fully expect another keeper coming in, if Walton is out for months rather than weeks.

I feel Sanchez should be our no 1 in a year or twos time so this shouldnt be seen as a trajedy but feel bad for Walton.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You need to watch it again, Leno has possession of the ball when Maupay nudges him out of the box. Both incidents happen in football and both ended up with very unfortunate injuries.

Part of the game.

Very poor form from Albion fans bemoaning Giroud for the same thing that Maupay did, as many countless other players also do.

Think the only thing Giroud could possibly do is agree to join us on a free. That should compensate for the accident.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Part of the game.

One was a friendly and one a league game, normally players hold back. That said, the pitch also played a part.

I don’t really see it as poor form from our fans as Giroud didn’t need to do it, though it wasn’t a malicious act as such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Like many of us I’ve only seen the incident once. My gut feel was that the challenge was after Walton took the catch, whereas in the Maupay incident it was as the keeper was attempting to catch it. Only Giroud knows what he meant. Surprised to see Duffy pissing about in the empty goal whilst Walton was clearly in a lot of pain just a few yards away.

Having watched it a few times more I don’t think Giroud was even involved! Looked an unfortunate accident

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Saw him (and Ben Roberts) walking out of the stadium on crutches with one of those big boot cast things on after the game. Looked understandably pretty low.

Gosh, what happened to Ben - pretty unfortunate the the GK coach gets injured at the same time!😂

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
One was a friendly and one a league game, normally players hold back. That said, the pitch also played a part.

I don’t really see it as poor form from our fans as Giroud didn’t need to do it, though it wasn’t a malicious act as such.

In what way did the pitch play a part?

I say poor form because, taking into account the Maupay incident, it's hypocritical.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In what way did the pitch play a part?

I say poor form because, taking into account the Maupay incident, it's hypocritical.

But is it the same as one was a full-on league game, and one is a friendly where players out of respect for each other hold off (or should hold back)?

As he was off balance as he landed he slipped a little as well (or at least seemed to from my vantage point).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Part of the game.

IMHO it was NOT the same. Completely different with Walton in the air and ball in hands. Giroud had no reason to nudge him.

Maupay was going for ball, Giroud had already lost it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But is it the same as one was a full-on league game, and one is a friendly where players out of respect for each other hold off (or should hold back)?

As he was off balance as he landed he slipped a little as well (or at least seemed to from my vantage point).

Firstly, i doubt the pitch was any different to most of the other times when we play on it. As for it being a friendly, I don't want to go and watch walking non contact football. I want the players to play as much as they can as if it were a competitive match, otherwise, what's the point.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Think the only thing Giroud could possibly do is agree to join us on a free. That should compensate for the accident.

This. It is only fair. He definitely did not need to nudge Walton tho. It was right in front of me and, at best, stupid.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

I agree not malicious, just stupid. As you say, it was only a friendly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here