Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cringeworthy Palarse !!

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
I didn't mention attendances - but now you've got me going. As we have the biggest/best home support outside the premiership our PERCENTAGE RATIO to our away fans would always be low - we'd have to be taking about double yours to have the same ratio. Give me plastic fans as opposed to no fans all day long.

However, the forthcoming season will be a test of attendances. Imagine if poor little Brighton average higher home attendances than the mighty Palace , who will be playing in a higher league. Now that would be embarrassing for you.

it really won't !! Who cares. What advantage do you think it gives you that you got 10K more per match last season. Ignoring the (pretty good I have to admit) pies that's about an extra c3m after VAT so that gets you 1 or 2 decent players....well it would if it wasn't for the extra running costs of the Amex (see 'Other Costs' in the accounts).

Fair dos for getting so many in the ground but no one on the BBS or even NSC cares about attendances. Give it up man :smile:

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
I didn't mention attendances - but now you've got me going. As we have the biggest/best home support outside the premiership our PERCENTAGE RATIO to our away fans would always be low - we'd have to be taking about double yours to have the same ratio. Give me plastic fans as opposed to no fans all day long.

However, the forthcoming season will be a test of attendances. Imagine if poor little Brighton average higher home attendances than the mighty Palace , who will be playing in a higher league. Now that would be embarrassing for you.

I see you got the mighty part right!!
Let it go Major, you'll give yourself an ulcer. Our average last year was 17k, this coming season it will be 21-23k regardless of what you think and yes we'll have some plastics. Have a holiday and leave your rose tinted spectacles and BHAFC jeans on the beach.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I've heard it all now.......

The thing with ratio's is that if you have 28 - 30k at home, inevitably the amount of tickets even received away is only 2k, of course the, ratio will look unbalanced.

:ffsparr:

It's a good hypothesis. I've not seen these figures and can't be arsed to look them up, but I guess if your theory is correct Sheffield Wednesday would have the second worst ratio?

Pipe down, TheMajor. One promotion to the top flight since 2010 is as many as the Albion has achieved in 102 years.

I agree the new Crystal Palace (or Version 3 , as I call them) are doing very well. However, they do seem to be poorly supported and should have started life at the bottom of the League pyramid.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Possibly, I actually saw some stats on away following and ours was in the top 8 I think. Interestingly Sheff Wed were top, followed by Leeds....... Of course, this would impact on the ratio stat.

In terms of away support, rather than ratio, which is a nonsense, just a simple average following is better, as we all play the same teams.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
I'd rather be a laughing stock than a Palace fan.

Just as well, you got your wish.

Fans fighting their own on a messageboard, not exactly harmonious at the moment so wouldn't it be a good idea to get your own home in order before even considering yet another Palace thread?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just as well, you got your wish.

Fans fighting their own on a messageboard,

Slightly over-dramatic term for disagreeing with the opinion of a fellow fan.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Possibly, I actually saw some stats on away following and ours was in the top 8 I think. Interestingly Sheff Wed were top, followed by Leeds....... Of course, this would impact on the ratio stat.

In terms of away support, rather than ratio, which is a nonsense, just a simple average following is better, as we all play the same teams.

If statistics on attendance held any relevance, then I think ratio would be a data set worth looking at. As it happens I couldn't give a **** about attendance. We aren't a better club than Millwall because we have higher gates than them, and I couldn't give a shit that Man United get huge crowds - they're still wankers.

I just care about my club. Unless you're some kind of freak like Phallus I imagine most fans feel the same, whether you support a team in the Premiership or the conference.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Just nipped in my local and saw my mate Mark an avid Palarse fan and Albion hater !
Even he has said that Brighton would have survived the Prem and that Palarse won't.
I would have have my reservations about Albion staying up but this chap is a Palarse season ticket holder has been for years and totally agrees that Palarse won't survive.
One of the only Palarse fans I know who is realistic and also hates what his club do with Groupons etc !!

Banned
May 19, 2013
Just nipped in my local and saw my mate Mark an avid Palarse fan and Albion hater !
Even he has said that Brighton would have survived the Prem and that Palarse won't.
I would have have my reservations about Albion staying up but this chap is a Palarse season ticket holder has been for years and totally agrees that Palarse won't survive.
One of the only Palarse fans I know who is realistic and also hates what his club do with Groupons etc !!

You have to say that's pretty classy from Mark. Knows his Brighton mate is still gutted, tells Brighton mate what he wants to hear. Keeps how much he, like every Palace fan, is loving this promotion to himself.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

Your mate maybe correct but, were are there, the cash we got and will now continue to get for the next 3 seasons at least will protect us, help us develop our ground and keep the good prospects coming through our academy.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004

That's a fair point. For the good of football the authorities need to act and put Brighton in the Premier League. They should also be given the 120m that Palace are getting aswell :)

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

ah well must be true then if mark said it

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I suggest mark was humouring you and didn't want to rub it in to much . A good mate in my book , don't knock someone when theyre down !

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Palace might survive, looks like Wurzel might be after a quality striker :)
From today's Express.
"Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway wants to sign striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, 27, who has been released by Wolves and will be out injured until October."
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Holloway-targets-injured-Sylvan-Ebanks-Blake

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If statistics on attendance held any relevance, then I think ratio would be a data set worth looking at. As it happens I couldn't give a **** about attendance. We aren't a better club than Millwall because we have higher gates than them, and I couldn't give a shit that Man United get huge crowds - they're still wankers.

I just care about my club. Unless you're some kind of freak like Phallus I imagine most fans feel the same, whether you support a team in the Premiership or the conference.

Well we disagree re ratio, fairly pointless as away fan tickets are limited % per capacity.

You are right though, at the end of the day even when we had 6k at Withdean or 2k at Gillingham I was still pleased when we won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here