Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crimewatch

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
DAMANCLAY said:
Might not catch the right bloke. Im not defending it in anyway and if the right bloke is caught then I hope he is castrated and then beat to an inch of his life every month for his entire sentence.

or more likley he will be given the minimum sentence, let out half way through and get sky in his cell :nono:

what he did was horrific, sentencing should be raised

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rangdo said:
The only way that I can see the guy being almost completely untraceable through the phone is if both phones involved in the call are pay as you go and both were only ever used to make that one phone call. Unlikely.

Impossible I would say.

That still doesn't answer the question of how you could do that for every single phone that has made a call from Brighton in that 20 mins, Imagine how long that would take.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DAMANCLAY said:
Impossible I would say.

That still doesn't answer the question of how you could do that for every single phone that has made a call from Brighton in that 20 mins, Imagine how long that would take.

It wouldn't be every call in Brighton. It would be every call received from the mast or masts that cover the area of the car park. You narrow it down as much as possible using the mobile operators databases and then the police do the leg work. Could be lot of effort depending on the circumstances but not impossible.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rangdo said:
It wouldn't be every call in Brighton. It would be every call received from the mast or masts that cover the area of the car park. You narrow it down as much as possible using the mobile operators databases and then the police do the leg work. Could be lot of effort depending on the circumstances but not impossible.

I dont think phone masts can be that precise? If they are then I imagine it would be possible but would take probably a years worth of work.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DAMANCLAY said:
I dont think phone masts can be that precise? If they are then I imagine it would be possible but would take probably a years worth of work.

Well obviously the car park won't have it's own mast but what I mean is that Brighton will have a lot of masts covering the population. The denser the population the more masts. So the police need only be concerned with those masts that the phone may have been connected to. They won't need to be concerned with all masts in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here