Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crimewatch

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Mate, this was on CCTV. He left her in a heap and took a call for Christs sake

Might not catch the right bloke. Im not defending it in anyway and if the right bloke is caught then I hope he is castrated and then beat to an inch of his life every month for his entire sentence.

I don't watch it anymore as It saddens me seeing defenceless people being treated in a despicable way.

attachment.php
:censored:

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Scumbag.

This shouldn't be too difficult to crack. Obviously a face id would be perfect.

But, all mobile phone companys keep records of phone callls number-number time of day etc.

so, this is no earlier than 01:33 am. All they have to do is see what phones received calls from the local transmitter say in a 20 minute timeframe. Being after 1am we are not talking thousands from the local transmitter.

The other cameras may have time code too and they may be able to narrow it down time wise.

Dunno, maybe thats a bit too simplistic.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
desprateseagull said:
can mobile phones records be checked, for anyone using a phone in that area, at the time?

eliminating anyone decent & innocent, whoever remains better watch out.

It will be possible to do things like find out who was connected to the local mast and received calls at a particular time.
I shouldn't think it will be too hard to track him down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rangdo said:
It will be possible to do things like find out who was connected to the local mast and received calls at a particular time.

Surely they'd have done that before going on National TV appealing for help...?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rangdo said:

I dont think its quite that easy, Though im sure one of our resident plod will put us straight on that.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DAMANCLAY said:
I dont think its quite that easy, Though im sure one of our resident plod will put us straight on that.

Mobile phone companies keep records of every single call made or received on their network, time of connection, duration of call, the id of the BTSs involved, the call plan you are on etc. etc. I think that will make him pretty easily traceable.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bozza said:

Presumably. I don't know why they wouldn't at least have a name but that is the police's area of expertise.
They'll still want witnesses regardless.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
That doesn't mean that they wont catch and convict the wrong man.

Point taken, I guess the fact that they have a reasonable ID on film, phone records ,his DNA and her memory it is more likely they will finger the right guy.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rangdo said:
Mobile phone companies keep records of every single call made or received on their network, time of connection, duration of call, the id of the BTSs involved, the call plan you are on etc. etc. I think that will make him pretty easily traceable.

How?

So say you narrow it down to 60 phone calls in the general area over a 20 minute period.

Of those 60 say 30 are pay as you go.

And say of those 30 pay as you go phones 15 are unregistered or have been sold on. Already that leave 15 you have no chance of catching as they would just dump the phone as soon as the old bill called.

leaves 45, Say of those 45 there are 2 (if you manage to contact and eiminate the rest) look similar to the CCTV footage/e-fit and the victim cant pick out either in a id parade what happens then? And then your left with the fact it could have been one of the other 15.

Its a bit more difficult than it seems.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Bozza said:

The cops sometimes go onto Crimewatch knowing EXACTLY who they're after (as the Toni Ann Byfield item last night illustrated). But if they can frighten him into confessing that he dunnit, the evidence is much better than circumstancial.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
The cops sometimes go onto Crimewatch knowing EXACTLY who they're after (as the Toni Ann Byfield item last night illustrated). But if they can frighten him into confessing that he dunnit, the evidence is much better than circumstancial.

:taps nose:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DAMANCLAY said:
How?

So say you narrow it down to 60 phone calls in the general area over a 20 minute period.

Of those 60 say 30 are pay as you go.

And say of those 30 pay as you go phones 15 are unregistered or have been sold on. Already that leave 15 you have no chance of catching as they would just dump the phone as soon as the old bill called.

leaves 45, Say of those 45 there are 2 (if you manage to contact and eiminate the rest) look similar to the CCTV footage/e-fit and the victim cant pick out either in a id parade what happens then? And then your left with the fact it could have been one of the other 15.

Its a bit more difficult than it seems.

Once they've identified a device they will basically be able to locate all his aquaintances through his made and received calls. At the very least if the phone was only ever used to receive that call and he's dumped it they can find the caller and trace him that way.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Point taken, I guess the fact that they have a reasonable ID on film, phone records ,his DNA and her memory it is more likely they will finger the right guy.
You can never be sure of that though, that's the problem. There can always still be questions of identification, or as in the case mentioned above, there's also the unsavoury truth that sometimes accusers can lie about things. Should that poor bloke who's just spent years in jail for doing nothing wrong have had his balls cut off too?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rangdo said:
Once they've identified a device they will basically be able to locate all his aquaintances through his made and received calls. At the very least if the phone was only ever used to receive that call and he's dumped it they can find the caller and trace him that way.

So how can you do that if its one of the 15 unregistered phones? You cant do that for every single phone thats made a call in a 20 minute period around Brighton.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DAMANCLAY said:
So how can you do that if its one of the 15 unregistered phones? You cant do that for every single phone thats made a call in a 20 minute period around Brighton.

The only way that I can see the guy being almost completely untraceable through the phone is if both phones involved in the call are pay as you go and both were only ever used to make that one phone call. Unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here