Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket- 2nd Test, Lords, August 29 - September 2nd, 2024, Sri Lanka tour of England

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's as if with some kind of repentance for it's dalliance with that hussy up the road, cricket returns with more offerings this week at its spiritual home.

Sri Lanka, having filled us with one sided worry on the first morning, made a good showing in the last match and could have won had it not been for some ship steadying by our new keeper from the county that Shall Not Be Named.

England bring in Olly Stone to continue the pace obsession with Mark Wood absent.

Hopefully a few splendid days of bat 'n ball for one an all.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It's as if with some kind of repentance for it's dalliance with that hussy up the road, cricket returns with more offerings this week at its spiritual home.

Sri Lanka, having filled us with one sided worry on the first morning, made a good showing in the last match and could have won had it not been for some ship steadying by our new keeper from the county that Shall Not Be Named.

England bring in Olly Stone to continue the pace obsession with Mark Wood absent.

Hopefully a few splendid days of bat 'n ball for one an all.

Looking forward to it, primarily because it's an ideal test of my theory that Olly Stone doesn't actually exist.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am in the hotel ready to join the queue early in the morning - looking forward to the match (not the queue)

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
10 of us going on Saturday. Hoping for loads of runs tomorrow so we get a full days play on day 3!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In the Grandstand on Saturday, should be a marvellous day

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In the Grandstand on Saturday, should be a marvellous day
I should 'ope so, the amount you paid for the ticket :eek:

Reactions: A1X

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I heard about this. They were doing an insect experiment to see if certain insects would respond differently to music stimulus. And believe it or not, the insect they chose reacted to the music for over 24 hours. But it was a very unpopular experiment because the scientists go so tired of waiting for the insect to finally stop reacting. It was just taking way too long for the test cricket to finally end.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For those who are worried about a match that may not go to the 5th day, the last five Test matches at Lords against Sri Lanka have been drawn. I suspect that may change this time- unless they produce one of their county pitches, in which case expect a run fest of silly proportions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For those who are worried about a match that may not go to the 5th day, the last five Test matches at Lords against Sri Lanka have been drawn. I suspect that may change this time- unless they produce one of their county pitches, in which case expect a run fest of silly proportions.
The draw is 10/1 on Bet365. Were the weather forecast no so good, it would be tempting.

It's hard to see England drawing any match that goes the full 5 days - they'll force a result on any pitch.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Queuing for Hove! Impressive! 😊
I remember queuing for Hove for a Nat West match. I'd bunked off school. It was okay though, because the adult I was with was... my teacher. (true story)

Many recriminations these days, but my parents were more than happy with it.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ollie Pope is a useless tosser.... and surprisingly England have been inserted.
I am surprised by that. It will be interesting to see the pitch.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sri Lankan national anthem is a humdinger. Great words too. I feel a bit embarrassed when we follow it:

Thou Mother Lanka,
Oh Mother Lanka we salute, salute, salute, salute Thee!
Plenteous in prosperity, Thou,
Beauteous in grace and love,
Laden with grain and luscious fruit,
And fragrant flowers of radiant hue,
Giver of life and all good things,
Our land of joy and victory,
Receive our grateful praise sublime, we worship, worship Thee.
Oh Mother Lanka! We salute, salute, salute, salute Thee!
Thou gavest us Knowledge and Truth,
Thou art our strength and inward faith,
Our light divine and sentient being,
Breath of life and liberation.
Grant us, bondage free, inspiration.
Inspire us for ever.
In wisdom and strength renewed,
Ill-will, hatred, strife all ended,
In love enfolded, a mighty nation
Marching onward, all as one,
Lead us, Mother, to fullest freedom, we worship, worship Thee
Oh Mother Lanka! We salute, salute, salute, salute Thee!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here