Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crewe preview online

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
There were weaker teams in the league last season that bailed us out, this season we do not have that luxury.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
There were weaker teams in the league last season that bailed us out, this season we do not have that luxury.

Like taking 3 points off West Ham and Sunderland.
Not to mention 4 points off Leeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
JonC said:
I think you may be surprised how good we are without Ashton (considering the 20 game winless streak!).

The weak point is the defence - specifically the big bloke Rich Walker. Walker can play very well, but when he's bad....he's SHITE. We have Steve Foster on the bench though who is recovering from injury and can more than competently cover.

The midfield is exceptional with Billy Jones (who is going to be our best product EVER - debut at 16, now 18, injured last season) and David Vaughan (most skillful player we've had for years and full Welsh international). Unfortunately, Dario likes captain Kenny Lunt and I er...don't.

We're VERY fast up front - can play on the counter attack and tear teams apart. Luke Varney (£50,000 from Quorn) is finally coming good and has the potential to be as good as Dean Ashton if he could improve his finishing. Steve Jones will always score goals and Eddie Johnson (on loan from Manure) has surprised me with just how good he is.

We play 4-3-3 and will probably try to counter attack. I'm pretty sure we'll score a goal (or two) as we can really run teams ragged when on form. I'd advise you to isolate the CB (walker) and LB (Tonkin) who are both shite and whip LOADS of balls into the box as our keeper can't deal with crosses.

I'm actually really optimistic though :clap2:

Please tell me that was also written tongue in cheek ??? I now feel like we are about to play a team who'd run Chelsea ragged :ohmy:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Knightsworld said:
4 points off West Ham:rolleyes:

Yes I know but I wanted to include the promoted sides in one sentence to emphasise that we actually play better football against the stronger teams

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Great write up, the usual GOONS slagging you off I see JonC...aahh well they will always be here :rolleyes:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Marc said:
Great write up, the usual GOONS slagging you off I see JonC...aahh well they will always be here :rolleyes:

Actually here long before you. Maybe you didn't see JonC's postings earlier in the day though. I'll forgive you.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ooohhh you've been here longer than me, I will bow down :shootself

Nope did'nt see his postings earlier, but after his season preview of Brighton the other week I see its the same lot being pathetic this time round, you would've thought that some of you would've gotten a CLUE when NSC was down for a few months...but no...you're all the same :nono:

Marc said:
ooohhh you've been here longer than me, I will bow down :shootself

Nope did'nt see his postings earlier, but after his season preview of Brighton the other week I see its the same lot being pathetic this time round, you would've thought that some of you would've gotten a CLUE when NSC was down for a few months...but no...you're all the same :nono:

Absolutely. It's always the same humourless fuckers that start chiming in without actually taking the time to get a clue. He takes the piss, but we all know he's taking the piss so why bother biting?

It's banter, remember, BANTER. The same banter that you use when you slag off any other club and people moan at you.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Like I say, if you'd have read his (totally non football related) posts yesterday you'd see what sort of 'humour' he has.

bhaexpress said:
Like I say, if you'd have read his (totally non football related) posts yesterday you'd see what sort of 'humour' he has.

His views on non football related topics are exactly that, HIS views. They are totally and utterly irrelevant to his pisstake reviews on the game today. If you can't see that then you're a sad old man.

Differing opinions are what make the world go round, it would be f***ing tedious if everyone agreed wouldn't it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
His views on non football related topics are exactly that, HIS views. They are totally and utterly irrelevant to his pisstake reviews on the game today. If you can't see that then you're a sad old man.

Differing opinions are what make the world go round, it would be f***ing tedious if everyone agreed wouldn't it?

Hey, I'm entitled to an opinion too, just becuase you don't agree doesn't give you the right to make person insults. Still as I can't be bothered to argue these days I'll let you have the last word if it makes you happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here