Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crewe Perspective

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Crewe deserved to win and they play football like I wish we could. They may not always manage it but their fast flowing counter attacking football in the second half yesterday completely embarrassed us.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
JonC said:
WHAT????

I know supporting your team gives you reason to be biased but come on. That was, without a shadow of a doubt, our best performance of the season. OK the second half was better but in the first we hit the bar (Ashton's curling 30 yarder), had a clear penalty denied (handball from Vaughan) and had numerous occasions when we could have broken through if it wasn't for the linesman's flag. And Steve Jones wasn't even playing!

The second half was like old times, when we would outplay teams. It's why being a Crewe fan is ace at times. Luton a couple of years ago, Ashton received a standing ovation from the home fans and on the way out loads of people were shaking my hand, congragulating us on the way we play. It's happened on numerous occasions, because when the team clicks we can be brilliant as Dario refuses to play football any other way. He's still searching for the perfect performance and, personally, if this team would be more consistent (a la yesterday) we could push towards the play offs in years to come.

Sorry, you probably don't want to read about Crewe, everyone just loves writing about their own team! Stoke away Saturday, they claim it's not a local derby but after nicking our captain on a free we're out for revenge. Buoyed on by what will be a vocal 4000 plus following (unfortunately the 'hooligans' will be travelling for their once yearly excursion as well) I've got a feeling we're going to thrash them. People moan about the club often (no ambition etc), but it really is a great time to be an Alex fan. This may be the highest up the leagues we can ever achieve, what with a population of just under 50,000 and an ever ageing Dario. So we've got to enjoy it and hope it won't end soon.

Hope you get the stadium, but you played right into our hands yesterday. The only teams we can't cope with are those who foul us off the pitch (ie any side managed by Neil Warnock). Potentially we are a really good side, as we showed yesterday. Consistency and we would be top half. But hey that's what being a football fan is all about and being a Crewe fan makes it doubly frustrating.

Match report on crewealex.co.uk online very soon :clap:

You played well. You were better than us. Now go away you boring twat. Nobody likes a bad winner!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
JonC said:
PPS You need a new striker. Knight is a moaning, whinging prima-donna. A little bit one dimensional IMO. You met us on a good day anyway, we never normally play like that!

(Match report on crewealex.co.uk tomorrow, if you're bothered)

Unfortunately, you are quite right. Now go and do something useful for us, and do the offices of Focus DIY in, would you?

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Crewe Perspective

The Large One said:
Unfortunately, you are quite right.

He is half right.

We do need a striker but Knight was superb again yesterday. Getting better with every game and would look brilliant with a decent forward up front with him.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Re: Re: Crewe Perspective

The Large One said:
Unfortunately, you are quite right. Now go and do something useful for us, and do the offices of Focus DIY in, would you?

Nah, us Crewe-ites love Bill Archer and the re-generation his massive investment in the town has caused.

There are rumours he may even be granted freedom of the borough soon :D .

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Crewe Perspective

JonC said:
Nah, us Crewe-ites love Bill Archer and the re-generation his massive investment in the town has caused.

There are rumours he may even be granted freedom of the borough soon :D .

Don't let him near your ground.

The first goal you scored was against the run of play.
You did a lot better than us in the second half.
Unfortunately you are a bogey team to us as we haven't beaten you since 1969. Never mind there are plenty of teams like Reading who will beat you so that you remain below us.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Crewe is a buzzing metropolis of economic activity, cultural renaissance and commercial imagination.

Only joking, you're right Crewe is a shithole. The proportion of chavs to humans is greater than in most cities and is increasingly exponentially.

And I live there.

(It's a bit posh around the Withdean isn't it?)

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Richie Morris said:
Yes. Indoor toilets are quite the must have household fitting this year in Sussex.

Oh, right. We don't have them here yet in deepest Cheshire.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
JonC said:
Crewe is a buzzing metropolis of economic activity, cultural renaissance and commercial imagination.

Only joking, you're right Crewe is a shithole. The proportion of chavs to humans is greater than in most cities and is increasingly exponentially.

And I live there.

(It's a bit posh around the Withdean isn't it?)
Withdean. NOT The Withdean. :angry:

Yep, it is a bit snooty. If the people of the area had had their way, we would not be playing there, and we would not have been able to return to Brighton in 1999.

Their reasons included...

- People would walk on pavements not designed for people to walk on
- The squirrels and badgers would be killed
- Our houses would be 'cased' by football fans / thugs
- Our lives would be ruined
- We'd have to move to Crewe

It gives you some idea of what we are up against just to exist.

Actually the first four are true. The fifth one was for comic effect. They actually said Planet Earth. :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Large One said:

- We'd have to move to Crewe

It gives you some idea of what we are up against just to exist.

Actually the first four are true. The fifth one was for comic effect. They actually said Planet Earth. :lolol:

That is quite possible the least funny thing I have ever read on NSC.

And you even laugh at our own posts. I guess someone has to.

tut tut.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Anyone know who the old guy was I bought the quiz from.?Thought it might be Lord Hucknall (or whatever his name his) 'cos I saw a photo of him and he was old :D .

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Whilst I'm at it does anyone fancy writing a little review for next month's edition of the Crewe fanzine?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
JonC said:
Whilst I'm at it does anyone fancy writing a little review for next month's edition of the Crewe fanzine?

Only if I can call all the Crewe fans thugs, morons and hooligans

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Yorkie said:
Only if I can call all the Crewe fans thugs, morons and hooligans

Yeah, whatever.

(The editor reserves the right to edit any article thus making any oppositions fan look like a half-wit).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
JonC said:
Yeah, whatever.

So do you retract what you said about the away fans 3 weeks ago?

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Yorkie said:
So do you retract what you said about the away fans 3 weeks ago?

No. You all pissed me off by moaning throughout the game when we were clearly the superior side.

Simple as.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here