Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crewe Perspective

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
First things first, if you get the stadium I feel personally responsible after purchasing a FFA quiz today in the Sportsman. It lasted all the way to the ground before being ripped and thrown into the air at kick off. Expensive confetti.

The ground was er..different to what I expected. Didn't realise it was that bad?! The fantastic vocal support that travelled in huge numbers to Sussex were delighted with the win ;).

That was our best performance of the season despite Dario's insistence we were crap. Fantastic passing, movement and finishing - we could have had loads more if it wasn't for your keeper. Ashton looked real quality up front, he is Premiership quality.

Anyway on the way home listened to SCR (?), and the arse that was Ian Hart. He wasn't very pro-club was he, like most BBC commentators? Our club and BBC Stoke have a great relationship. Well, the joke among Crewe fans is that there is a phone-in akin to the one I heard tonight. The Stoke fans are ALWAYS moaning so we name it (really funny this is) 'Grumble and Grumble'. Anyway I thought I had heard moaning but then you lot surpassed it! No offence but we were having a rite' laugh. The guy who sat on his dad's shoulders at Goldstone. The window cleaner who associates with politicians. In the words of Peter Kay, what was that all about??

PS Where can I buy the new single? Loved the enthusiastic pre-match singing!

PPS You need a new striker. Knight is a moaning, whinging prima-donna. A little bit one dimensional IMO. You met us on a good day anyway, we never normally play like that!

(Match report on crewealex.co.uk tomorrow, if you're bothered)

Your comments about the phone-in are astute and quite funny. Now bugger off :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
JonC said:
The fantastic vocal support that travelled in huge numbers to Sussex were delighted with the win

Were you at the same game as me? You were 3-0 up and quieter than us!

It does seem like we expected the Albion to win, and probably made it very clear that the previous match between us was a fluke and ref-influenced - so now Crewe proved themselves and repeated the result.

Reality has to set in again, and take these games like an underdog. We don't have funds or facilities to expect to beat Championship sides.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I assume you are going to write to the Grauniad about your experience then...twist the knife a bit further.

I assume you will also be putting something about the bloke who said to me as I was walking past him on the way to the car...."I suppose your boyfriend will be unhappy tonight?" His mother and father were stood right next to him and when I asked her if she was proud of her son's homophobic views, she came out with a tirade of foul mouthed abuse.

Nice fans in Crewe

:angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dave, not the , does your boyfriend know your here gag again. No please stop, stop, my sides are hurting, such originality :dunce: :shootself

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Crewe were 3-0 up and nearly scored a 4th and playing like Arsenal upfront and their 250 fans sat in the far corner in total silence with their arms folded. Fantastic vocal support ??? .

MY ARSE. ( Cue homophobic joke ).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh I'm not bothered. Let them have a laugh. We were shit to be fair...

I'm just going to sit here looking smug, because come the end of the season Brighton will be the team playing Championship football next year. I'm sure of it. I'm also sure it'll be Crewe embarking on the slippery slide back down to League One.

So, take the three points. You'll need them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
get on with your homework young biscuit:angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If they play like they did yesterday they aint going down I'm afraid.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
dave the gaffer said:
get on with your homework young biscuit:angry:

:lolol: So when will you're work place ban you from this site?? Or do we still have to put up with you on weekends?

(P.S My post was tounge in cheek...was yours? :lolol: )

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is through our ASDL on site which does not go through the Company System...and I am sat here in the office BORED OUT OF MY EFFING MIND

I am babysitting a client who is testing their systems on my machines

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Re: Re: Crewe Perspective

dougdeep said:
Were you at the same game as me? You were 3-0 up and quieter than us!

Did you not see the wink smiley?? Does that not hint to a touch of sarcasm?

Does irony pass over all your heads? Yes, our support was shite. It often is, especially travelling long distances (eg Brighton). But, to be honest, I couldn't care less because we got 3 points!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Crewe played some of the best counter attacking football we've seen at Withdean this season - perhaps we made them look good but the 2nd and 3rd goals were classic "away" goals.

Anyway, DTG - what sort of mood was your "partner" in last night?

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
timbha said:
Crewe played some of the best counter attacking football we've seen at Withdean this season - perhaps we made them look good but the 2nd and 3rd goals were classic "away" goals.

Anyway, DTG - what sort of mood was your "partner" in last night?

Counter attacking football?

We dominated proceedings throughout. Anyway if you want to see a decent vocal support from us then come to Stoke next weekend and witness 4000+ Alex fans outsinging the grumbling home support whilst the team spank the Potters by a goal or four.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lets not take it out on the Crewe fans. Respect to those who travelled to watch a shit game at a shit ground at the other end of the country in shit weather. Ok so they did not sing all game neither did we and we were at home.

Good luck to Crewe. They play football the way it should be played.

I hope we both stay up.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
JonC said:
Counter attacking football?

We dominated proceedings throughout. Anyway if you want to see a decent vocal support from us then come to Stoke next weekend and witness 4000+ Alex fans outsinging the grumbling home support whilst the team spank the Potters by a goal or four.

You were lucky to be up at half time - we shaded the first half. The atmosphere was bad even for Withdean ... :nono:

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
You were lucky to be up at half time - we shaded the first half. The atmosphere was bad even for Withdean ... :nono:

WHAT????

I know supporting your team gives you reason to be biased but come on. That was, without a shadow of a doubt, our best performance of the season. OK the second half was better but in the first we hit the bar (Ashton's curling 30 yarder), had a clear penalty denied (handball from Vaughan) and had numerous occasions when we could have broken through if it wasn't for the linesman's flag. And Steve Jones wasn't even playing!

The second half was like old times, when we would outplay teams. It's why being a Crewe fan is ace at times. Luton a couple of years ago, Ashton received a standing ovation from the home fans and on the way out loads of people were shaking my hand, congragulating us on the way we play. It's happened on numerous occasions, because when the team clicks we can be brilliant as Dario refuses to play football any other way. He's still searching for the perfect performance and, personally, if this team would be more consistent (a la yesterday) we could push towards the play offs in years to come.

Sorry, you probably don't want to read about Crewe, everyone just loves writing about their own team! Stoke away Saturday, they claim it's not a local derby but after nicking our captain on a free we're out for revenge. Buoyed on by what will be a vocal 4000 plus following (unfortunately the 'hooligans' will be travelling for their once yearly excursion as well) I've got a feeling we're going to thrash them. People moan about the club often (no ambition etc), but it really is a great time to be an Alex fan. This may be the highest up the leagues we can ever achieve, what with a population of just under 50,000 and an ever ageing Dario. So we've got to enjoy it and hope it won't end soon.

Hope you get the stadium, but you played right into our hands yesterday. The only teams we can't cope with are those who foul us off the pitch (ie any side managed by Neil Warnock). Potentially we are a really good side, as we showed yesterday. Consistency and we would be top half. But hey that's what being a football fan is all about and being a Crewe fan makes it doubly frustrating.

Match report on crewealex.co.uk online very soon :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here