Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crewe 7-0 Barnet

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a day this has turned out to be!

First things first, my number one team is Barnet and I've followed them for 17 years. Please don't think I'm a bad fan because of it. I try to get to as many Albion matches as I can living locally - Haywards Heath. But the whole day of travelling to Crewe and then back in the face of such a heavy defeat summed up why I love football so much and laughing in the face of adversity after my recent woes. It took me out of myself. People are so friendly oop north and I absolutely loved it. We had drinks bought for us after the thrashing and Crewe is such a friendly town with everything nearby - train station, pubs, bookies etc.

Great to meet HseagullsH and all his gang on the train from Victoria coming home. A top bunch of lads. You're a credit to Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. Thanks for making me laugh so much on the final part of a long journey home.:thumbsup:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

First things first, my number one team is Barnet and I've followed them for 17 years. Please don't think I'm a bad fan because of it. I try to get to as many Albion matches as I can living locally - Haywards Heath. But the whole day of travelling to Crewe and then back in the face of such a heavy defeat summed up why I love football so much and laughing in the face of adversity after my recent woes. It took me out of myself. People are so friendly oop north and I absolutely loved it. We had drinks bought for us after the thrashing and Crewe is such a friendly town with everything nearby - train station, pubs, bookies etc.

Great to meet HseagullsH and all his gang on the train from Victoria coming home. A top bunch of lads. You're a credit to Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. Thanks for making me laugh so much on the final part of a long journey home.:thumbsup:

Always good to put a face to a name :thumbsup:

Also pleased with the positive response on my tips, shame other fans on here aren't so generous with their praise/lack of negativity :laugh:

Hope things look up for Barnet (and the Albion!) :albion2:

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton

Since when the hell has it been H's crew :glare: :p

Was a pleasure meeting you as well. Should go for a pint before a game sometime :thumbsup:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ha ha! I was wrecked on the train. Drinking Bacardi & cola.:drunk:

I'll be at the JPT game against Leyton Orient. We'll meet up before for a few bevvies. Once again, great ta see ya on the train. You're top lads.:cheers:

May 22, 2008
Must be the Stimson factor. Can't stand that bloke.

This guy is rubbish.
Some of you know I'm based
In Barnet,I know Tony the chairman
Very well and Paul fairclough they should have tried to get him to stay.

They were the first to have talks
With Leon a few weeks ago.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
This guy is rubbish.
Some of you know I'm based
In Barnet,I know Tony the chairman
Very well and Paul fairclough they should have tried to get him to stay.

They were the first to have talks
With Leon a few weeks ago.

Barnet have got issues - sadly a lot of them come from Tony. He's a decent guy and the club wouldn't exist were it not for him but something's got to give.

Paul as well is a great guy, a real football man. He's still at the club but can't see him taking the first team on again though.

Asaboa

Aug 22, 2010
I'm a long time lurker on this board, but I just had to post when I saw this. I'm a Gillingham fan (with a soft spot for Brighton having watched them every week when they were playing at our place for a while) and I remember losing 7-0 away to Shrewsbury under Mark Stimson.

Our away record has been bad for ages, but under him last season it was truly pathetic. I like Barnet as a club, so I wish you all the best, but we didn't win away all season last year, and he didn't seem to know what to do to remedy it.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I'm a long time lurker on this board, but I just had to post when I saw this. I'm a Gillingham fan (with a soft spot for Brighton having watched them every week when they were playing at our place for a while) and I remember losing 7-0 away to Shrewsbury under Mark Stimson.

Our away record has been bad for ages, but under him last season it was truly pathetic. I like Barnet as a club, so I wish you all the best, but we didn't win away all season last year, and he didn't seem to know what to do to remedy it.

You pleased with the appointment of Hessenthaler?

May 22, 2008
Barnet have got issues - sadly a lot of them come from Tony. He's a decent guy and the club wouldn't exist were it not for him but something's got to give.

Paul as well is a great guy, a real football man. He's still at the club but can't see him taking the first team on again though.

I agree with you they need a manager that
Has a track record of working
With no money.
Paul is running the barnet
Sports centre.
I go to the odd game as 2 mins
From my office.

Asaboa

Aug 22, 2010
You pleased with the appointment of Hessenthaler?

Of course, I love the guy. And one thing that a lot of naysayers seem to forget is that he DOES have football league experience. He led us to our highest ever league position (11th in Championship).

It's not been a great start, but I won't start panicking just yet. He's a Gills legend though, so we'll always be happy to have a legend at the helm.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The formation was effectively 4-6-0, no ambition of winning the game but he promised to reimburse the fans that went at the end. Never heard so much bad language in all my life.:lolol: Some black humour: "8-7, we're gonna win 8-7" and "What's it like to be outclassed?" The main one all afternoon though was "You're not fit to wear the shirt!".

But this is a Brighton & Hove Albion messageboard and fans don't want to read about bloody Barnet on here! :thumbsup:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Barnet provided one of the funniest chants I've seen from away fans at Withdean a couple of seasons ago in the JPT.

A group of them (and there weren't many of them) stood up together and started singing YMCA.

I found that quite amusing.

Asaboa

Aug 22, 2010
Similarly, I think it was Brighton fans at the Priestfield who provided a very funny chant when a goalkeeper (can't remember if he was Brighton's or not) making his debut had a bit of a clanger. The goalkeeper top was black and orange hoops and I remember the Brighton fans singing "what a waste of honey", which was quite funny.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

Since when the hell has it been H's crew :glare: :p

Good call Durlston - We can be called Team H though:thumbsup:

Perhaps an honourable mention for Johnboy standing up for himself a little against the Millwall thugs on the train. Could have ended in a bad result though :lolol:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Always good to put a face to a name :thumbsup:

Also pleased with the positive response on my tips, shame other fans on here aren't so generous with their praise/lack of negativity :laugh:

Hope things look up for Barnet (and the Albion!) :albion2:

Was you the noisey lot on the way back from MK Dons on train last year ? :laugh:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Similarly, I think it was Brighton fans at the Priestfield who provided a very funny chant when a goalkeeper (can't remember if he was Brighton's or not) making his debut had a bit of a clanger. The goalkeeper top was black and orange hoops and I remember the Brighton fans singing "what a waste of honey", which was quite funny.

Hilarious !!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Was you the noisey lot on the way back from MK Dons on train last year ? :laugh:

I didn't go to MK Dons, nor did any of the guys I was with on the train back I don't think. Some of our group went though, so could have been them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here