Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit crunch, recession etc, has it affected you personally

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Endowment: it was bad, now it is worse
Job; no immediate threat but being public sector it will work it's way to us in the next funding round and pay rise well below inflation.
Expenses: being a lot more careful with the weekly shop but there was scope to economise
Fuel: Cutting out pointless trips to watch us at Leeds and such places will cut costs in future

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Apart from being stuck with a Northern Rock mortgage now on SVR without much prospect of a re-mortgage, an ISA with Icesave and shares in HBOS, I don't think I've been affected much yet!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The only affect it has had on me has been positive, with interest rates going down it makes mortgage repayments easier.

Mortgate - hopefully, the recent drop in interest rates will be passed on saving a few quid a month.
Job - Many of you will have seen my posts when Lehman Bros went under. Now have a new contract with PwC, awaiting the arrival of Nomura (imminent, they have taken the Lehman Brothers signage down in the reception today)to see what happens to us in the long run.
Oh yeah - and the restaurant is still open:clap2:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
My endowment has been shrinking for years. I thought it was down to my age & lack of use!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I'm self employed and did some figures the other day. Found I am 40% up YOY for April - Sept in turnover.:yahoo:

Well done me !!!!:clap::smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here