Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit card fraud warning

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
empire said:
look at the first thread:censored:

I've got no idea, and am rapidly losing interest, in what the hell you are trying to say. Why don't you explain it nice and slow so I can understand. Oh, and while you're at it why don't you calm down a bit? You might live longer.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've got 4 credit cards, only one of them has a balance on it but its zero interest until Aug 05 so its an interest free loan [thanks Barclaycard]. The other 3 all offer cash-back and are paid off every month. I buy everything on credit card - I even bought a £3.50 magazine from Smiths today on my CC - you see, they pay me 1% back for everything I buy (effectively a discount), and I spend between £1500 and £2000 every month so its easy money.

Couple of other reasons why I use Credit Cards
Any purchase over £100 gets double protection. e.g. I buy a TV from Currys and Currys goes bust the week before my TV blows up while still under gaureentee - soultion, phone CC co. who are leagaly liable in law to replace my TV - check out your contract law - pay buy cash and you're at the mercy of the manufacturer and if they happen to of gone bust too - tough!

When you buy something expensive e.g. a £2k holiday, I don't want to be drawing out the cash and walking up the high street with a big wad like that in my pocket - get mugged and its gone FOREVER - bankers drafts usually cost.

I like 60 day interst free loans - its my money I'm saving

Anyway, if anyone wants to use cash, that's entirely their perogative, but for me CC is far superior in every way.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Shropshire Seagull said:
I even bought a £3.50 magazine from Smiths today on my CC - you see, they pay me 1% back for everything I buy (effectively a discount), and I spend between £1500 and £2000 every month so its easy money.
Who gives you 1% back. My Halifax used to but they reduced it to 0.5%.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I get 1% back with Morgan Stanley.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight .............Empire & Rangdo........

samurai.gif

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Eddie the Seagull said:
Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight .............Empire & Rangdo........

samurai.gif
The pen (or keyboard) is mightier than the sword. Either that or I'm a coward. Nice smiley.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I keep finding a better deal hence the 3 cards.
Morgan Stanley is 1% for first £2k then .5% - per annum
Halifax do 0.5% on first £20k then 1% - per annum
but the best (now) is Abbey who are doing .5% on the first £500 [per month] and the rest is at 1%

Abbey are alos doing the best rate for cash ISA's too 5.35% tax free - lubby jubbly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here