Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crazy

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Liverpool having the worst season in a long time.
Sell possibly the best striker in the world & replace him with a striker with 1 England cap.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
pointless post, not like they had a choice? player wants to leave he wants to leave...

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I think it's a good deal for everyone really. I think Chelsea have got one of the worlds best strikers and Liverpool have got a decent striker in Carroll and an excellent striker in Suarez. Torres obviously wasn't happy there and wasn't worth anywhere near as much to Liverpool as he wes sold for.

Personally, despite Newcastle getting an astronomical fee for Carroll I think it is they that have come off the worst as I'm not sure they will be able to replace him despite having £35m in their sky rocket.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Andy Carroll is arguably the biggest panic buy in the history of football. The fee of £35million is staggering for a guy who wasn't considered good enough by Cappello to make a piss-poor England squad for WC 2010.

When you consider inflation in the economy's been negligible for the past couple of years where does £35million come from?

Carroll and Bent = £60million of "talent". Unbelievable. Not to mention Carroll's suspect dodgy friends and background. A disaster waiting to happen.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
pointless post, not like they had a choice? player wants to leave he wants to leave...

Of course they had a choice.He was under contract end of.
They chose to sell their best player to one of their biggest rivals.

If he wants to go fair enough but don't load your opponents gun for them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree. With 4 Champions League places up for grabs Liverpool just might have sold the player that locks Chelsea into one of those 4 spots for the next 3 or 4 years. Liverpool are light years behind Arsenal and Man Utd, and with the squads City and Spurs have I can't see Liverpool overtaking them any time soon.

And even with Suarez and Carroll - where's the supply going to come from, especially as there's no Charlie Adam?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Andy Carroll is arguably the biggest panic buy in the history of football. The fee of £35million is staggering for a guy who wasn't considered good enough by Cappello to make a piss-poor England squad for WC 2010.

When you consider inflation in the economy's been negligible for the past couple of years where does £35million come from?

Carroll and Bent = £60million of "talent". Unbelievable. Not to mention Carroll's suspect dodgy friends and background. A disaster waiting to happen.

Couldn't agree more, if I was anybody connected with Newcastle I would be pissing myself laughing at £35million!! Can you think of a worse place than Liverpool to send Andy Carroll, all those bars and nightclubs full of gobby scousers, it won't be long before he's caught up in some nasty fight somewhere and up before the old bill. I would have been surprised at £10 million for him but 35! Jesus Christ what a rip off.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Suarez and Carrol could well be a blinding strike partnership for Liverpool. Torres hasn't produced the goods for a long time. Premiership prices are mental and there aint much point in commenting on them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Suarez and Carrol could well be a blinding strike partnership for Liverpool. .

On the training ground this morning

andy_football.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Quite interesting this scenario, I think Liverpool have done quite well tbh. Torres has been crocked for some time and has put little effort into his game this season. £50m is a good price for a player in this state of mind and form. £35m is a lot for Carroll but i think he and Saurez will be good partnership. They definatley have a 'fighting' spirit. People have questioned where the supply will come from, my suggestion is Gerrards right boot, however i strongly expect them to be searching for a left winger for the summer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here