Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Crazy' transfers concern Benitez

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Papers keep on mentioning that,I don't understand. How does this make it cheaper?

I guess it doesnt make him cheaper just mean that Liverpool only had to pay £10M not £17M so helps with cash flow and means if he has a warchest of say £20M he will have £10M left not £3M.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I could see it from a point of view of cash flow but would they have to pay all the money in their transfers now? Has the recession meant that everyone has to pay fees up front now? despite thier debt i'd say Liverpool FC would be pretty reliable debtor

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As for the best in the prem? Of the top of my head Brown,

At least have the decency to write Joke du Jour, before posting stuff like that.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It makes me laugh when the likes of Benitez and Wenger call current transfer fees crazy, like they wouldn't do the same if they had the money. Total hypocrisy...

Btw Someone posted a bit earlier about Real Madrid's manager paying these exorbitant transfer fees, but this isn't the case. The club President brokers incoming players and the manager has to 'make do...' (with 200M Euros worth of extra talent!) :ohmy:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It makes me laugh when the likes of Benitez and Wenger call current transfer fees crazy, like they wouldn't do the same if they had the money. Total hypocrisy...

Btw Someone posted a bit earlier about Real Madrid's manager paying these exorbitant transfer fees, but this isn't the case. The club President brokers incoming players and the manager has to 'make do...' (with 200M Euros worth of extra talent!) :ohmy:
Rather harsh as arsenal are far smarter than most when it comes to spending.The wages are far lower at arsenal due to a young squad.In time arsenal will dominate english football while the others end up in financial ruins.:D

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Rather harsh as arsenal are far smarter than most when it comes to spending.The wages are far lower at arsenal due to a young squad.In time arsenal will dominate english football while the others end up in financial ruins.:D

Perhaps they will have a bit more to spend when they've paid off The Emirates?

WestStandLad

Jan 28, 2004
Sussex

Only Chelsea and Manchester United have a higher wage bill than Arsenal. They may not pay big money to buy players but the wages they dish out are enormous.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
while it does sound like someone complaining because they cant play with the expensive toys in shop, he does have a point. and he has spent far less than Chelsea or ManU managers, often with players brough in aginst his judgement, ie Keane.

meanwhile Aresnal seem to be the opposite, determined not to spend out big money, but i think they'll come unstuck this season as they drop out of the top four, not nearly enough quality in depth and too much youth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here